Iraq and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Tackling the mines and explosive remnants of war in Iraq
- United Nations Development Programme, 2009
- The magnitude of Iraq’s problem with mine and unexploded remnants of war together with the socio-economic impact needs to be determined and addressed as a matter of urgency. As a recent signatory to the Anti-Personnel Mine Ban Convent...
- Children in armed conflict: current trends and concerns
- Reliefweb, 2007
- This document is the annual report from the Secretary-General. It details progress in the implementation of SC Resolution 1612 – ending the recruitment and use of children in armed conflict and its monitoring and reporting mechanism. ...
- A review of law and policy on corporal punishment of children in the Middle East and North Africa
- Global Initiative to End All Corporal Punishment of Children, 2005
- This report reviews law and policy in relation to corporal punishment and deliberate humiliation of children in each state in the Middle East and North Africa. The human rights imperative to end all corporal punishment is discussed, togethe...
- Children's rights abuse in Iraq
- Save the Children Fund, 2005
- This brief discusses the key issues around children’s rights in Iraq, including: the foundations of children’s rights in Iraq; key issues affecting children’s rights in Iraq; duties and obligations of the key stakeholders in children's righ...
- Girls' education essential for well-being of the country
- Save the Children Fund, 2005
- This report argues that girls’ education is essential to ensure a more healthy and prosperous future for all children and for countries as a whole. The study shows which countries are succeeding and which are failing to make progress in gir...
- Compilation of documents examining countries' obstacles to human security
- R. Bissio / Social Watch, 2004
- Acknowledging that it is impossibe to answer many specific questions on current events, this report aims to make its own contribution to the debate by examining which grassroots organisations around the world are engaged in the frontline of...
- Rights-based advocacy for children in Iraq
- United Nations Children's Fund, 2003
- This report describes the political and socio-economic context of Iraq, the causes of increased infant mortality since the end of the 1980s, and the efforts made by UNICEF to improve child and maternal nutrition, health and sanitation. Chan...
- Projected impact of a war on Iraqi children
- War Child, 2003
- This report examines the physical and mental well being of the 12 million Iraqi children based on data collected in Iraq between 20 and 26 January 2003.Main conclusions include:Physical well-being: despite some recent improvements in the he...