Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Evidence on the impact of R&D and ICT investment on innovation and productivity in Italian firms
- A. Arora 2012
- Both Research and Development (R&D) and Information and Communication Technology (ICT) investment have been identified as sources of relative innovation underperformance in Europe vis-à-vis the United States. In this paper we investigate R&...
- Improving the assessment of disaster risks to strengthen financial resilience: a special joint G20 publication by the Government of Mexico and the World Bank
- World Bank, 2012
- This publication by the Government of Mexico and the World Bank brings together the experiences of G20 countries in protecting their populations and assets against natural hazards. It includes contributions by G20 members and invited countr...
- Good practice paper on ICTs for economic growth and poverty reduction
- S. Batchelor (ed) 2005
- This report aims to give an overview of what DAC members (Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Swit...
- Identifying the most relevant agri-food trade streams to help promote e-commerce
- J. Deiters; M. Fritz / AgEcon Search, 2010
- In terms of trade, the identification of the most relevant agri-food trade streams serves as the foundation. This study focuses is on the size of trade streams regarding agri-food products in selected countries on a yearly basis and shows t...
- Feminists on the Frontline: Case Studies of Resisting and Challenging Fundamentalisms
- Association for Women's Rights in Development, 2008
- This is a collection of case studies about women and men around the world who have stood up to reject religious fundamentalism. In 2008 AWID launched a call for proposals to document the strategies of women's rights activists in this area. ...
- Ideintifying drivers of successful regulatory reform
- G. Akinci (ed); P. Ladegaard (ed) / World Bank, 2009
- Governments base their economic development and poverty reduction strategies on efforts to expedite and expand reforms that improve their countries’ business environments. The inefficiencies constraining growth must be addressed mainl...
- Trade unions and labour laws around the world
- Baker and McKenzie, 2010
- This book looks at the current state of works councils and trade unions for 33 countries around the world. Topics include: collective bargaining unfair labour practices trade union employee protections rights employee coll...
- Are the wealth rankings of countries being incorrectly measured?
- I Almås; M. Mogstad / Luxembourg Income Study, 2009
- Differences in individual wealth holdings are widely viewed as a driving force of economic inequality. However, as this finding relies on cross-section data, the authors of this paper argue that we may be confusing older with wealthier. The...
- Agro-food sector: is Turkey a competitor or partner to the EU states?
- A. Samoggia; P. Maccani; M. Michetti / University of Bologna, 2008
- This paper analyses the role that European countries’ institutional relations and economic policies have in improving the agricultural economic performance in Turkey. In particular, the paper examines the expected impacts on Turkish c...
- The importance of living arrangements in poverty avoidance for older persons
- T. Smeeding; Q. Gao; P. Saunders; C. Wing / Luxembourg Income Study, 2008
- In most rich countries, poverty among younger pensioners (under age 70) is no longer a major policy problem, but women typically constitute two-thirds to three-quarters or more of the elderly poor in rich countries. Poverty in rich nations ...
- Euro-Mediterranean Center on Climate Change (CMCC)
- The Euro-Mediterranean Center on Climate Change is a non-profit research institution established in 2005, with the financial support of the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research. CMCC manages and promotes scientific and applied activities in the field of international climate change research. The Center has been fully operative since 2006.CMCC collaborates with experie...
- World Food Programme
- Economics Web Institute
- Institute focusing on economics and management
- Centre for the Analysis of Public Policies / Centro di Analisi delle Politiche Pubbliche
- Public policy research department, Modena, Italy
- Money and Finance Research group (MOFIR)
- The aim of the group is investigating, from both the empirical and theoretical points of view, the evolution of the financial system as the collection of financial institutions, intermediaries and markets and understanding the real consequences of that evolution for the development of the economic system at the regional, national and international levels.
- Global Centre for Information and Communication Technologies in Parliament (ICTparliament)
- The Global Centre for Information and Communication Technologies in Parliament is a joint initiative of the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UNDESA), the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) and a group of national and regional parliaments launched in November 2005 on the occasion of the World Summit of the Information Society (WSIS) in Tunis.The Global Centre pursu...
- Department of Economics, University of Verona, Italy
- University research and teaching faculty.
- Association Amici di Raoul Follereau (AIFO)
- AIFO is an Italian grassroots organisation focussed on related to leprosy, community and primary health care, disability and rehabilitation, vulnerable children, and development education working in developing countries and Italy.
- University of Bologna
- Economics department, University of Bologna, Italy
- European Commission Directorate-General Joint Research Centre Institute for Environment and Sustainability (IES)
- The mission of the Institute for Environment and Sustainability is to provide scientific-technical support to the European Union's policies for the protection and sustainable development of the European and global environment.