Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Scenarios of discharge for the Hope River Watershed in response to variable tropical cyclone characteristics: summary for policy makers
- Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre 2015
- In the context of a changing climate, observed increases in the intensity and in some cases frequency of extreme events are linked with increased risk of flooding, drought, erosion, turbidity, debris in reservoirs and nutrient and pol...
- CARIWIG assessment of climate change impacts on selected crops and livestock in Belize and Jamaica: an example for the Caribbean Basin
- Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre 2016
- This study reveals that substantial negative impacts on food production should be expected from future climate scenarios such as those provided by PRECIS simulations made under different initial assumptions in Belize. This is an indic...
- Ecosystem based approaches for climate change adaptation in Caribbean SIDS
- B. Chatenoux / Global Resource Information Database 2013
- Existing climate variability and global climate change are major threats to sustainable development in the Caribbean, particularly for the Small Island Developing States (SIDS). Hurricanes, storm surges and extreme rainfall events cau...
- Conditions for success in implementing CCT programs: lessons for Asia from Latin America and the Caribbean
- R. Paes-Sousa; F. Regalia; M. Stampini / Banco Interamericano de Desarrollo / Inter-American Development Bank (IADB) 2014
- Conditional Cash Transfer (CCT) programs have become the main social assistance interventions in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC), reaching 129 million individuals in 18 countries in 2010. Programs shared key characteristics such...
- Diagnosis of generation in Latin America and the Caribbean: Jamaica
- D. Barrett / Foreign Affairs Canada, Canada 2013
- This report diagnoses the current state of conventional and distributed generation in Jamaica, the technologies used, the sources of energy and the trend towards distributed generation.
- Integrating watershed and coastal areas management in the Caribbean small island developing states
- Global Environment Facility Environmental Information Infrastructure (EII) for Latin America and the Caribbean 2007
- The capacity needs assessment examined the functions, procedures, products, data, tools and human resources available in each agency and uses this information to determine GIS and Information and Communications Technology (ICT) requir...
- State of the Jamaican climate 2012: information for resilience building
- A. Chen / Planning Institute of Jamaica, Jamaica 2012
- The report is intended to be an initial reference point for a description of Jamaica’s climate, its variability and trends and future projections. It is to be used by key sectors and persons who wish to engage in climate change ...
- Perspectives from civil society on the millennium development goals and post-2015 agenda: focus on small states and vulnerability
- L. Murray / Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre 2013
- The interconnectedness of the Millennium Development Goals mean that lack of progress in one area can undermine gains in another. In 2012 the Commonwealth Foundation, in partnership with the United Nations Millennium Campaign, ...
- Assessment of the socio-economic and environmental impact of tropical storm Gustav on Jamaica
- Planning Institute of Jamaica, Jamaica 2008
- This report was prepared to document impact on affected population; estimate costs of damage and losses; identify geographically affected areas; and identify the financial priorities for rehabilitation and reconstruction. As at...
- An assessment of the economic impact of climate change on the agriculture sector in Jamaica
- United Nations [UN] Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean 2011
- Despite its post-war decline in GDP contribution, agriculture continues be a major force in Jamaica. With a little less than half of the population living in rural communities, agricultural activities, and their linkages with other ec...