Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Sharing and Learning on the Inclusion of Ageing and Disability in the Syrian Crisis
- Women's Refugee Commission 2015
- An estimated 22 percent of Syrian refugees in Jordan and Lebanon have impairments. Older persons constitute five percent of the Syrian community in host countries. In May 2014, UNHCR, Handicap International, HelpAge International and ...
- Socio-economic inequalities in maternity care under political instability: evidence From Egypt, Jordan and Yemen
- A.S. Rashad; M.F. Sharaf / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2016
- Medical care during pregnancy is crucial for protecting women from health risks during and after pregnancy, and has been consistently linked to better child health outcomes. Improving maternal health is one of the Millennium Developme...
- The cost of irrigation water in the Jordan Valley
- C. van den Berg / World Bank Institute, World Bank 2016
- The purpose of this study was to determine the financial cost of irrigation water in the Jordan Valley and the corresponding impact of higher water prices on farming. The analysis shows that JVA needs significant tariff increases to b...
- The imperative of influencing citizen attitude toward e-government adoption and use
- O. Al-Hujran; M. M. Al-Debei; A. Charfield; M. Migdadi / ResearchGate 2015
- With the imperative of e-government for better transparency, accountability and public services, the problem of low-level citizen adoption of e-government services has been recognized in developed and developing countries. This pressi...
- Implementing energy subsidy reforms: evidence from developing countries
- M. Vagliasindi / World Bank 2013
- This report aims to provide the emerging lessons from a representative sample of 20 country case studies that could help policy makers to address implementation challenges, including overcoming political economy and affordability cons...
- The Malala of Syria
- J. Chen / United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees 2015
- This short film (3 mins) tells the story of Muzon a young Syrian woman who is a passionate advocate for the education of girls and young women in Jordan’s refugee camps. Education has always played a big part in Muzon’s li...
- Women and Girls Safe Spaces - A guidance note based on lessons learned from the Syrian Crisis
- M Maglietti; J Miquel / United Nations Population Fund 2015
- The creation of women and girls safe spaces (WGSS) has emerged as a key strategy for the protection and empowerment of women and girls affected by the Syrian crisis. This document provides an overview of what safe spaces are and what ...
- Understanding democratic transition using self-organizing maps: a special focus on Arab spring countries
- H. Haffoudhi; R. Mehdi; G. Abdelkader / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2015
- In December 2010, a popular protest movement erupted in Tunisia and spread to Egypt, Libya, and across the Middle East. However, although “Arab Spring” countries began in roughly similar places, the current paper clarifies...
- The determinants of child health disparities in Jordan
- C. Krafft / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2015
- The first few years of children’s lives provide a crucial window for their human development. Malnutrition, as a form of faltering development in the early years of life, has lasting consequences in terms of education, labor mar...
- Public spending efficiency, governance, and political and economic policies: is there a substantial causal relation? Evidence from selected MENA countries
- R. Brini; H. Jemmali / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2015
- This paper seeks a robust methodology for the estimation of the relative public spending efficiency of eleven Middle East and North Africa (MENA) countries over the period 1996-2011. Using the non-parametric Data Envelopment Analysis ...