Jordan and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- The determinants of child health disparities in Jordan
- C. Krafft / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2015
- The first few years of children’s lives provide a crucial window for their human development. Malnutrition, as a form of faltering development in the early years of life, has lasting consequences in terms of education, labor mar...
- The labor mobility-employment nexus: a general equilibrium analysis for Jordan
- A. David; M.A. Marouani / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2014
- While studies on the impact of migration on host countries are still dominant, interest in the emigration impact on the home country's labour market is increasing. The objective of this paper is to analyse how labor mobility affects t...
- Does the type of higher education affect labor market outcomes? A comparison of Egypt and Jordan
- R. Assaad; C. Krafft; D. Salehi-Isfahani / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2014
- In Egypt and Jordan there is a substantial mismatch between the output of the higher education system and the needs of labour market. Both demand and supply-side factors could be driving this mismatch. This paper tests a key supply-si...
- Too young to wed: the growing problem of child marriage among Syrian girls in Jordan
- International Save the Children Alliance 2014
- War in Syria has killed more than 10,000 children. More than 1 million more have fled the country in fear, while millions more remain displaced inside the country. This briefing looks at another disturbing but less publicised impact o...
- Gender-based violence and child protection among Syrian refugees in Jordan, with a focus on early marriage
- UN Women 2013
- This assessment was conducted from December 2013 to March 2013 to obtain a more comprehensive understanding of the risks that Syrian refugee families – especially women and girls – face in Jordan, and to provide a deeper u...
- The situation of young Muslim women from a child’s right perspective, Middle East
- P. Ouis / Save the Children [Sweden] 2006
- This Save the Children publication investigates the situation of girls aged 12-18 years old in the Middle East with particular emphasis on the issues of participation and non-discrimination; the latter from the perspective of gender-b...
- What opportunities for children who are out of school?
- Development Experience Clearinghouse, USAID 2005
- This toolkit is designed to identify effective policies that support the preparation of livelihood opportunities for out-of-school youth in terms of earning, learning, and skill development opportunities. It identifies programmes that...
- A review of law and policy on corporal punishment of children in the Middle East and North Africa
- Global Initiative to End All Corporal Punishment of Children 2005
- This report reviews law and policy in relation to corporal punishment and deliberate humiliation of children in each state in the Middle East and North Africa. The human rights imperative to end all corporal punishment is discussed, t...
- Reproductive health status of youth in Asia and the Near East
- K. Hardee; P. Pine; L. Taggart Wasson / Policy Project, Futures Group, Washington 2004
- This paper presents the findings of a series of assessments of adolescent and youth reproductive health conducted by the Policy Project in 13 countries in the Asia and Near East (ANE) region. The countries include Egypt, Jordan, Moroc...
- Adolescent and youth reproductive health in Jordan
- US Agency for International Development 2003
- Survey of the reproductive health status of adolescents in the country. The report looks at the social context and gender socialization issues that set girls and boys apart in terms of life expectations, educational attainment,...