Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- The impacts of the Arid Lands Resource Management Project (ALRMPII) on livelihoods and vulnerability in the arid and semi-arid lands of Kenya
- N. Johnson; A. Wambile / International Livestock Research Institute 2011
- There is an urgent need for new approaches and effective models for managing risk and promoting sustainable development in arid and semi-arid lands (ASALs), especially in the face of climate change and increasing frequency of drought ...
- Institutional assessment of adaptation to climate change in the middle Kaiti watershed, Makueni county, Kenya
- International Livestock Research Institute 2015
- In the research program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS), the International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) is working to enhance local institutional capacity for supporting climate change adaptation. One w...
- Resilience and economic growth in arid lands – accelerated growth in Kenya mitigation co-benefits of herd size and feed quality management
- Climate Change Agriculture Food Security 2016
- REGAL-AG, a 5-year project implemented by ACDI/VOCA and funded under the Feed the Future (FTF) initiative, sought to increase economic growth in rural communities by improving competitiveness and inclusiveness in the livesto...
- Nutritional improvement for children in urban Chile and Kenya
- P. Pridmore / Department for International Development, UK 2014
- Since 2010, the NICK study has sought to help two project countries, Chile and Kenya, reduce urban malnutrition in young children by facilitating intersectoral actions to change the social determinants. In urban Kenya chronic stunting...
- Identifying and tackling the social determinants of child malnutrition in urban informal settlements and slums: a cross national review of the evidence for action
- P. Pridmore / Institute of Education, University of London 2011
- Urbanisation can bring many benefits the rate of change but in many developing countries the rate of change has been so fast and so dramatic that many cities have been unable to cope. Rapid, unplanned urbanisation has led to widesprea...
- Climate change in Kenya: projections, impacts and way forward
- Save the Children Fund 2016
- Climate change (CC) poses an ongoing threat to development in Arid and Semi-Arid Lands (ASALS) in the Horn of Africa (HoA) (IPCC, 2012). Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) have been implementing develop...
- There is no time left: climate change, environmental threats, and human rights in Turkana County, Kenya
- Human Rights Watch 2015
- This report is based on research in Turkana County in northwestern Kenya. Turkana County borders South Sudan, Ethiopia and Uganda. Turkana County is home to a rapidly growing population that is among the poorest in Kenya. ...
- Adaptation Learning Programme for Africa: ALP results, outcomes and impacts report, January 2010 to June 2015
- CARE International 2015
- This report presents an overview of the outcomes and learning generated from the Adaptation Learning Programme for Africa (ALP) over five and a half years of implementation (2010-2015). It presents the perspectives of the ALP teams an...
- Gender approaches in climate compatible development: lessons from Kenya
- E. Nyukuri / Climate and Development Knowledge Network 2016
- Gender is an important driver of vulnerability to climate risks, and a key factor to consider in developing effective policy responses to climate change and development challenges. In recent years, there have been a number of ...
- The East African energy frontier, a decade on
- A. Hayman / South African Institute of International Affairs 2016
- The East Africa region has seen some of the decade s largest natural gas and energy finds. However, despite their magnitude, these discoveries have yet to fulfil the promise of social and economic progress. With some sig...