Kenya and Education
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS education collection
Search for the latest education-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Getting to the Hardest to Reach: A strategy to provide education to nomadic communities in Kenya through distance learning
- J. Swift 2010
- Kenya has committed itself to the Millennium Development Goals, Education for All, and other education targets, but despite its achievement, Kenya is unlikely to achieve these goals on present performance. Getting education to hard-to...
- Mobile Pastoralists and Education: Strategic Options
- S. Kraetli / International Institute for Environment and Development, 2009
- Educating nomadic peoples in the context of rapid global socio-economic change is a challenge of massive proportions. This paper sets out to address this challenge in two ways: firstly by mapping the conceptual terrain of education; a...
- Changing Patterns of Access to Education in Anglophone and Francophone Countries in Sub Saharan Africa: Is Education for All Pro-Poor?
- K.M. Lewin / Consortium for Research on Educational Access, Transitions and Equity, 2011
- This paper explores patterns of growth in participation in six Anglophone and seven Francophone countries in SSA with Universal Primary Education programmes. The results show that progress has been patchy and sometimes disappointing. ...
- Re-engineering Education and Training for Economic and Social Development in the 21st Century: A Focus on Technology and Skills Development in National Education and Training Systems in Africa
- P. Swarts / Global E-Schools and Communities Initiative, 2011
- This paper argues for the re-engineering of education and training systems for sustainable socio-economic development in Africa and looks at the role of ICTs in this context. African youth face very high unemployment rates, while also...
- National ICT policies in member countries of the IST-Africa Initiative
- IST-Africa Initiative, 2012
- This guide looks at the current status of National ICT policies in each of the current IST-Africa Initiative partner countries. It identifies what has been achieved to date and provides insight into what implementation challenge...
- Successes of female-owned enterprises in Malawi
- E. Chirwa / Chancellor College, University of Malawi, 2004
- The role of women in economic development cannot be understated. Jiggins (1989) notes that about 30 percent of rural households in the world are headed by women, and women contribute about 80 percent of agricultural labour, produce al...
- Improving food security and rural development through relevant basic education
- Tutui Nanok / Research4Development, 2005
- Many developing countries are severely challenged by a vicious cycle of food insecurity, poverty and under-education. The route out of this so-called poverty trap lies in multiple strategies for poverty reduction, whereby interc...
- Environmental goods collection and children’s schooling: evidence from Kenya
- S. Wagura; W. Nyangena / Norwegian University of Life Sciences, 2009
- This study examines the link between environmental goods collection and children's schooling in Kenya. It proposes that, as resources becomes more scarce, households will invest more time in collecting them and this will adversel...
- Conducting social audits on the Kenyan Constituency Development Fund
- W. Gikonyo / Affiliated Network for Social Accountability, 2009
- A social audit seeks to evaluate how well public resources are being used and how to improve performance and aims to ensure maximum community participation in this process. The Constituency Development Fund (CDF) was introduced i...
- Country health sector teams in ten countries
- A. Harmer / Department for International Development Health Resource Centre (HRC), 2008
- This review outlines the current arrangements for country health sector teams (CHSTs) in ten International Health Partnership countries: Burundi, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Mozambique, Nepal, Nigeria and Zambia. It p...
- Kenyatta University, Kenya
- Teaching and research university with a wide range of subjects
- Daystar University, Kenya
- Daystar University, located in Nairobi, Kenya, is non denominational and the largest Christian liberal arts college in Africa. It exists to provide low cost, high quality education for students from across Africa. The faculty see its primary task as one of training leaders of integrity and equipping them with the tools necessary to face the serious challenges of a developing continent. With more...
- FAWE Newsletter (FAWE)
- Updates on the education of women and girls in Africa
- Forum for African Women Educationalists (FAWE)
- African NGO aiming to improve education for girls and women
- African Virtual University (AVU)
- Programme to develop distance learning undergraduate courses in science and technology and supporting resources. Service is under development, but planned elements include online courses, access to full text of journal articles, delivery of materials using satellite communications