Kenya and Environment
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS environment collection
Search for the latest environment-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Population and poaching of African rhinos across African range states
- S. Standley; R. Emslie / Evidence on Demand, 2013
- This report analyses rhino number data and poaching statistics in Africa, focusing particularly on Southern Africa. The paper underlines that private rhino ownership has contributed to the overall success of increasing rhino numbers i...
- Factors at country level influencing choice in utilisation of energy resource potential
- D. Shaw,; N. Perera / Evidence on Demand, 2014
- The UK Department for International Development (DFID) commissioned this rapid desk-based study into the factors affecting choice of energy resource utilisation (with a focus on electricity generation). The results of the study will h...
- Rhino poaching: how do we respond?
- R. Duffy; R.H. Emslie; M.H. Knight / Evidence on Demand, 2013
- This report outlines the main actors in rhino conservation, the major main threats to rhinos in the ‘Big 4’ range states (Zimbabwe, Kenya, South Africa and Namibia) which together conserve almost 99% and 96% of Africa&rsqu...
- Eco-cop: environmental policing in Eastern Africa
- P.A.N Mwanika / Institute for Security Studies, 2010
- This paper looks at one dominant realm of governance that makes up modern policing, i.e. the environmental realm, and particularly the policing activity known as environmental crime management. The paper underlines that nowhere...
- Improved land management in the Lake Victoria basin: annual technical report July 2001 to June 2002
- World Agroforestry Centre, 2002
- This report addresses the challenges of land management in the Lake Victoria basin of East Africa. In 1999 the World Agroforestry Centre launched a major effort to identify, diagnose and reverse degradation in the Lake Victoria basin,...
- China in the African solar energy sector
- T. Disenyana / South African Institute of International Affairs, 2009
- Access to reliable and affordable electricity is critical for poverty alleviation and the improvement of livelihoods, including in the areas of education, health, and industrial development in Africa. However, a combination of f...
- Community perceptions of air pollution and related health risks in Nairobi slums
- African Population and Health Research Center, Nairobi, Kenya, 2013
- Air pollution is among the leading global risks for mortality and responsible for increasing risk for chronic diseases. Community perceptions on exposure are critical in determining people’s response and acceptance of related po...
- WWF Mara River Basin Management Initiative, Kenya and Tanzania. Phase III - final evaluation report
- J. Onyando; D. Agol; L. Onyango / Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation - NORAD, 2013
- The scarce water resources of the transboundary Mara River Basin (13,750 km2), in Kenya and Tanzania are essential to more than one million people, multiple water uses and the world-famous Serengeti-Mara Ecosystem and its economically...
- Analytical frameworks for assessing ICT and agribusiness startup ecosystems: for application in Ghana and Kenya
- M. Denison (ed); R. Klinger Vidra (ed) / Economic and Private Sector PEAKS, 2013
- DFID is exploring the analytical frameworks used to assess the support market system for startup businesses in the ICT and agribusiness sectors. The review of analytical frameworks will help inform a Terms of Reference (ToR) for carry...
- Report on fieldwork from around the world documenting loss and damage due to climate change
- K. Warner; K. van der Geest; S. Kreft / United Nations University Institute for Environment and Human Security, 2012
- This study presents empirical findings from fieldwork around the world examining loss and damage caused by global warming. The report begins by defining and contextualising the emerging discourse on assessing, quantifying and reacting...
- ASB Partnership for the Tropical Forest Margins
- The ASB Partnership for the Tropical Forest Margins is devoted entirely to research on the tropical forest margins. ASB, which was founded as Alternatives to Slash-and-Burn in 1994, is currently focussed on reducing deforestation and emissions from land use change, including forestry and agriculture, while ensuring viable livelihoods and enhancing social and environmental co-benefits.The partnersh...
- Tegemeo Institute of Agriculture policy and Development
- Tegemeo Institute conducts Research and Analysis on policy in the domain of agriculture, rural development, natural resources and environment. The Institute aims at addressing micro and macroeconomic policy issues bearing on farming, transportation, processing, marketing, and trade of agricultural products and inputs; sustainability of agricultural systems and natural resources as well as the envi...
- Land Use Change, Impacts and Dynamics (LUCID)
- LUCID network, stimulating research on land use and global change in east Africa
- African Conservation Centre, Kenya (ACC)
- ACC is a non-governmental, regionally focused conservation organisation based in Nairobi, Kenya. It is dedicated to developing and implementing fresh approaches to the conservation of biological resources. The organisation partakes in the following activities: identifying the factors that create and maintain biological diversity understanding and applying to conservation the socio-econom...
- MS Kenya
- Kenya international development programme
- International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology,, Kenya (ICIPE)
- Tackles environmentally sustainable and affordable methods of managing tropical arthropod plant pests and disease vectors