Kenya and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Children Malnutrition and Horizontal Inequalities in Sub-Saharan Africa:A Focus on Contrasting Domestic Trajectories
- V. Garcia / United Nations Development Programme, 2012
- The positive trend observed in recent accelerated economic growth in sub-Saharan African countries represents a huge opportunity to foster sustainable development, This paper contributes to the literature by providing a more accurate ...
- Getting to the Hardest to Reach: A strategy to provide education to nomadic communities in Kenya through distance learning
- J. Swift 2010
- Kenya has committed itself to the Millennium Development Goals, Education for All, and other education targets, but despite its achievement, Kenya is unlikely to achieve these goals on present performance. Getting education to hard-to...
- Mobile Pastoralists and Education: Strategic Options
- S. Kraetli / International Institute for Environment and Development, 2009
- Educating nomadic peoples in the context of rapid global socio-economic change is a challenge of massive proportions. This paper sets out to address this challenge in two ways: firstly by mapping the conceptual terrain of education; a...
- Changing Patterns of Access to Education in Anglophone and Francophone Countries in Sub Saharan Africa: Is Education for All Pro-Poor?
- K.M. Lewin / Consortium for Research on Educational Access, Transitions and Equity, 2011
- This paper explores patterns of growth in participation in six Anglophone and seven Francophone countries in SSA with Universal Primary Education programmes. The results show that progress has been patchy and sometimes disappointing. ...
- Re-engineering Education and Training for Economic and Social Development in the 21st Century: A Focus on Technology and Skills Development in National Education and Training Systems in Africa
- P. Swarts / Global E-Schools and Communities Initiative, 2011
- This paper argues for the re-engineering of education and training systems for sustainable socio-economic development in Africa and looks at the role of ICTs in this context. African youth face very high unemployment rates, while also...
- Aid support for child rights in Kenya
- J. Amiri (ed); A. Tostesen (ed) / Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation - NORAD, 2011
- The Kenya country case study examines 12 project interventions as part of a broader evaluation of Norwegian and Swedish aid interventions in support of child rights. The report finds an improving legal and policy framework with ...
- Norwegian and Swedish agencies should cooperate more to promote child rights in Guatemala, Kenya, Mozambique and Sudan
- A. Tostensen; H. Stokke; S. Trygged / Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation - NORAD, 2011
- Guatemala, Kenya, Mozambique and Sudan have ratified the Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) and are bound to take legislative, policy, and administrative action to honour their legal obligations. This report synthesises the f...
- An introductory guide to understanding and fighting corruption
- V. Kodongo (ed) / Africa Youth Trust, 2009
- What impact can Kenya’s youth have on corruption? This guide aims to bring together a unified understanding of what corruption is and takes a look at measures to fight it. In this publication, the Youth is considered as those ag...
- Reasons behind varying stunting outcomes between families in the Lake Victoria region, Kenya
- J. Grab; J. Priebe (ed) / Norwegian University of Life Sciences, 2009
- The combination of low levels of malnutrition together with dramatically high rates of mortality encountered in Kenya's Lake Victoria territory is unique for Sub-Saharan Africa. This paper explores the causes of this paradox for the K...
- The determinants of and remedies for child and infant mortality in Kenya
- J. Kabubo-Mariara; M. Karienyeh; F. Mwangi / Poverty and Economic Policy Network, 2008
- Will Kenya achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) on child survival by 2015? While child and infant mortality rates declined massively following Kenyan independence, progress since 1990 has slowed down – particular...
- Kenya Community Support Center (KECOSCE)
- The Kenya Community Support Center (KECOSCE) was founded in 2006 and has been working in the coastal region of Kenya. It was established to address democratic governance, socio?economic and youth concerns with a focus on the coast of Kenya.
- African Network for the Prevention and Protection Against Child Abuse and Neglect Kenya Chapter (ANPPCAN)
- Prevention and protection against child abuse