Kenya and ICTs for development
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- New technologies for improving old public security challenges in Nairobi
- M. Frilander; J. Lundine; D. Kutalek / Igarape Institute, 2014
- This paper maps out the digital environment shaping public security in selected informal settlements of Nairobi. In particular, the paper considers the diverse ways in which information communication technologies (ICTs) are being adop...
- Analyzing policy for inclusive innovation: the mobile sector and base-of-the-pyramid markets in Kenya
- C. Foster; R. Heeks / Centre for Development Informatics, 2013
- Recent interest in inclusive innovation to serve base-of-the-pyramid markets has so far produced relatively little evidence about the role of policy. Drawing on cases from Kenya's mobile phone sector that have successfully scaled inno...
- Innovation and best practice in mobile technologies for development
- S. Masiero (ed) / Economic and Private Sector PEAKS, 2013
- Mobile adoption in developing countries has increased dramatically over the last decade. This paper is a review of innovation in the ICT entrepreneurship / mobile internet/mobile related applications space. The paper aims to identify ...
- Analytical frameworks for assessing ICT and agribusiness startup ecosystems: for application in Ghana and Kenya
- M. Denison (ed); R. Klinger Vidra (ed) / Economic and Private Sector PEAKS, 2013
- DFID is exploring the analytical frameworks used to assess the support market system for startup businesses in the ICT and agribusiness sectors. The review of analytical frameworks will help inform a Terms of Reference (ToR) for carry...
- ICT & the Third Revolution in Education Policy
- P. Swarts 2008
- The advancement of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) is often described as the third revolution in the dissemination of knowledge and in the enhancement of instruction - the first revolution being the invention of writ...
- ICTs in Education (ICT4E): Policies and Plans worldwide
- R. Bassi 2011
- This document is a compilation of available worldwide ICT4E policies and plans, at both a national and Ministry of Education level. To enhance the reach and quality of teaching and learning through the effective use of ICTs, policy ma...
- Perspectives on ICT4E in the developing world
- P. Swarts 2010
- This paper will attempt to present some practitioner perspectives, insights and experiences which the GeSCI gained from its work in and with partner countries in three continents. The main issues related to Information Communications ...
- Kenya: ICT in education situational analysis
- P. Swarts 2009
- This situational analysis for Kenya was carried out between April and mid September 2009 using three broad processes: i) a desk study of relevant government documents; ii) a country visit, which took place from 14-17 April 2009, durin...
- Governance, Technology and the Search for Modernity in Kenya
- W. Bowman 2010
- An ICT policy that produces broad access quickly is better than one that does not. Accordingly, success in ICT policymaking can be measured by three empirical measures: speed of passage, scope of implementation, and distribution, as w...
- Mediating voices and communicating realities: Using information crowdsourcing tools, open data initiatives and digital media to support and protect the vulnerable and marginalised
- E. Berdou / Institute of Development Studies UK, 2012
- To what extent can innovative technologies for advocacy and collective action, such as Ushahidi and OpenStreetMap, support poor and marginalised communities to improve their lives and livelihoods? This report examines initiatives whic...
- Fahamu is dedicated to strengthening the work of not-for-profit and other non-governmental organisations throughout the world through the use of information and communications technologies. Produces and publishes CDROM based learning materials, designs and manages websites, runs training courses (including on-line courses), and provide support for internet-related work. Fahamu's movement...