Kenya and ICTs for development
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Feminist Africa e-spaces:e-politics
- A. Mama (ed) / African Gender Institute, South Africa 2013
- Feminist Africa (FA) is a continental gender studies journal that provides a platform for intellectual and activist research, dialogue and strategy. Currently based in Cape Town, South Africa, FA is guided by a profound commitment to ...
- Women’s Rights Online: Translating Access into Empowerment
- This research, based on a survey of poor urban men and women across nine developing countries, found that while the majority of men and women own a mobile phone, women are still nearly 50% less likely to access the Internet than ...
- Right to Information Learning Programme in India for civil society and media representatives of Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda
- Knowledge Partnership Programme 2014
- Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative (CHRI), New Delhi (CHRI) organised a Learning Programme on the Right to Information (RTI-LP) for representatives of civil society, media and academia from Commonwealth member States- Kenya, Tanzani...
- New technologies for improving old public security challenges in Nairobi
- M. Frilander; J. Lundine; D. Kutalek / Igarape Institute 2014
- This paper maps out the digital environment shaping public security in selected informal settlements of Nairobi. In particular, the paper considers the diverse ways in which information communication technologies (ICTs) are being adop...
- Analyzing policy for inclusive innovation: the mobile sector and base-of-the-pyramid markets in Kenya
- C. Foster; R. Heeks / Centre for Development Informatics 2013
- Recent interest in inclusive innovation to serve base-of-the-pyramid markets has so far produced relatively little evidence about the role of policy. Drawing on cases from Kenya's mobile phone sector that have successfully scaled inno...
- Innovation and best practice in mobile technologies for development
- S. Masiero (ed) / Economic and Private Sector PEAKS 2013
- Mobile adoption in developing countries has increased dramatically over the last decade. This paper is a review of innovation in the ICT entrepreneurship / mobile internet/mobile related applications space. The paper aims to identify ...
- Analytical frameworks for assessing ICT and agribusiness startup ecosystems: for application in Ghana and Kenya
- M. Denison (ed); R. Klinger Vidra (ed) / Economic and Private Sector PEAKS 2013
- DFID is exploring the analytical frameworks used to assess the support market system for startup businesses in the ICT and agribusiness sectors. The review of analytical frameworks will help inform a Terms of Reference (ToR) for carry...
- ICT & the Third Revolution in Education Policy
- P. Swarts 2008
- The advancement of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) is often described as the third revolution in the dissemination of knowledge and in the enhancement of instruction - the first revolution being the invention of writ...
- ICTs in Education (ICT4E): Policies and Plans worldwide
- R. Bassi 2011
- This document is a compilation of available worldwide ICT4E policies and plans, at both a national and Ministry of Education level. To enhance the reach and quality of teaching and learning through the effective use of ICTs, policy ma...
- Perspectives on ICT4E in the developing world
- P. Swarts 2010
- This paper will attempt to present some practitioner perspectives, insights and experiences which the GeSCI gained from its work in and with partner countries in three continents. The main issues related to Information Communications ...