Kenya and ICTs for development
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- ICT & the Third Revolution in Education Policy
- P. Swarts 2008
- The advancement of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) is often described as the third revolution in the dissemination of knowledge and in the enhancement of instruction - the first revolution being the invention of writ...
- ICTs in Education (ICT4E): Policies and Plans worldwide
- R. Bassi 2011
- This document is a compilation of available worldwide ICT4E policies and plans, at both a national and Ministry of Education level. To enhance the reach and quality of teaching and learning through the effective use of ICTs, policy ma...
- Perspectives on ICT4E in the developing world
- P. Swarts 2010
- This paper will attempt to present some practitioner perspectives, insights and experiences which the GeSCI gained from its work in and with partner countries in three continents. The main issues related to Information Communications ...
- Kenya: ICT in education situational analysis
- P. Swarts 2009
- This situational analysis for Kenya was carried out between April and mid September 2009 using three broad processes: i) a desk study of relevant government documents; ii) a country visit, which took place from 14-17 April 2009, durin...
- Governance, Technology and the Search for Modernity in Kenya
- W. Bowman 2010
- An ICT policy that produces broad access quickly is better than one that does not. Accordingly, success in ICT policymaking can be measured by three empirical measures: speed of passage, scope of implementation, and distribution, as w...
- Mediating voices and communicating realities: Using information crowdsourcing tools, open data initiatives and digital media to support and protect the vulnerable and marginalised
- E. Berdou / Institute of Development Studies UK, 2012
- To what extent can innovative technologies for advocacy and collective action, such as Ushahidi and OpenStreetMap, support poor and marginalised communities to improve their lives and livelihoods? This report examines initiatives whic...
- Study examining vulnerable people's use of information dissemination pathways in semi-arid Kenya
- V. K. Cherotich; O. Saidu; B. O. Bebe / African Crop Science Society, 2012
- Despite being projected to face the greatest impact of climate change, vulnerable people of the semi-arid regions of sub-Saharan Africa have inadequate access to the support services and information they need to build their adaptive c...
- M-governance: Exploratory Survey on Kenyan Service Delivery and Government Interaction
- A. Crandall 2012
- With the aim of investigating citizens opinions on the best methods to interact with government, one-week of exploratory fieldwork was conducted in Nairobi in November 2011. This paper shares the initial findings from the fieldw...
- Study on ICT Access Gaps in Kenya
- Communications Commission of Kenya, 2011
- The objective of this study is to assist the Commission in developing the most appropriate framework, based on international best practice, to ensure the provision of affordable ICT services which include telephony, Internet, postal s...
- Mobile Money: The Economics of M-PESA
- W. Jack / National Bureau of Economic Research, USA, 2012
- Mobile money is a tool that allows individuals to make financial transactions using cell phone technology. In this paper, we report initial results of two rounds of a large survey of households in Kenya, the country that has seen perh...