Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Data mapping on ageing in Asia and the Pacific: analytical report
- B. Teerawichitchainan; J. Knodel / HelpAge International Asia, Pacific Regional Development Centre 2015
- Population ageing is an increasingly important demographic, social, and economic issue for researchers and policy makers throughout developing Asia prompting a need for data to monitor change and formulate evidence-based policies. The...
- Korea and South Africa: building a strategic partnership
- G. Shelton / Institute for Global Dialogue, South Africa 2009
- In an era of global financial crisis and shrinking economies, it has become more urgent and more important for South Africa’s foreign policy to focus on international engagements that produce clearly defined commercial advantage...
- Japan's security policy in the Asia-Pacific during the post-Cold War period
- K.V. Kesavan / Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi 2010
- The Asia-Pacific region has now emerged as the main centre of dynamic economic and technological development in the world. Though the success story of Japan's rise to the status of an economic super power is too well-known, the ...
- Effect of routine iron supplementation with or without folic acid on anemia during pregnancy
- M.Y Yakoob; Z.A Bhutta / BMC Public Health 2011
- Iron deficiency is the most prevalent nutrient deficiency in the world, particularly during pregnancy. According to the literature, anaemia, particularly severe anaemia, is associated with increased risk of maternal mortality. It also...
- Regional economic integration, foreign direct investment and efficiency-seeking industrial restructuring in Asia: the case of India
- N Kumar / Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2007
- Regional economic integration has been a most striking trend of the 1990s led by Single European Market by European Union in 1992 and North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) in 1994. These RTAs pursued a deeper type of integration...
- East Asian infrastructure development in a comparative global perspective: an analysis of RIS infrastructure index
- N Kumar; P De / Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2008
- Development of infrastructure is one of the key priorities of East Asia Summit (EAS) countries. By constructing an Infrastructure Index for 104 countries comprising all the EAS members, this paper examines the levels of infrastructure...
- China's position on the Sony attack
- J. Wilson / U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission 2015
- In late November 2014, Sony Pictures Entertainment confirmed it was the victim of a cyber attack that crippled its networks and stole large quantities of personal and commercial data. On December 19, the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investi...
- Open and distance learning, blended learning, and administration and management practices in ICTs
- UNESCO Bangkok: Asia and Pacific Regional Bureau for Education 2011
- This is a research study on the use of ICT for higher education in the Asia and Pacific region. This publication highlights the results from case studies that investigated the use of ICT in three areas: open and distance learning; ble...
- Mandatory systems to expand pension coverage to informal sector in Asia are unlikely to work
- L. MacKellar (ed) / Social Protection and Labour, World Bank 2009
- The unprecedented speed at which Asian populations are ageing requires a rapid forward looking response from governments in the region to provide protection against the risk of poverty in old age. Given the large and sometimes growing...
- Challenges and opportunities facing potato producers worldwide
- New Agriculturalist 2008
- This edition of New Agriculturist focusses on the potato, examining the challenges and opportunities facing producers worldwide. Among the articles includes in the edition are a report from Bolivia looking at efforts to...