Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Research cooperation on animal production in the Lower Mekong Basin: a success story?
- K. Eduards; A., H. Tauson; M., H. Fagerström / Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency 2007
- For the past four years, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand and Vietnam have cooperated within animal production research in a regional network, the Research Cooperation for Livestock Based Sustainable Farming Systems in the Lower Mekong Basin ...
- Organising home-based workers in South and South East Asia
- D. L. Doane / Chronic Poverty Research Centre, UK 2007
- This paper examines the relationship between home-based work and persistent poverty in certain parts of South and South East Asia. The author argues that an expanded conception of social protection is needed if poverty prevention init...
- Examining inequality, growth and poverty in 17 Asian countries
- H.H. Son / Asian Development Bank 2007
- This paper examines the relationships between economic growth, income distribution, and poverty for 17 Asian countries for the period 1981–2001. The author uses an inequality–growth trade-off index (IGTI) to analyse the tr...
- The human, environmental and financial cost of paper
- C. Lang / Pulp Mill Watch 2007
- This report examines the pulp industry’s current expansion plans as well as the implications of these plans for people and the environment. The report argues that pulp mills have severe impacts on biodiversity, water, land right...
- Soaring inequality to undermine growth in Asia
- I. Ali; J. Zhuang / Asian Development Bank 2007
- Asia’s impressive economic growth is being complemented by soaring inequalities. This paper argues that if rising income and non-income inequalities are not addressed, there is a major risk to continued social and economic progr...
- Exploitation of young migrant workers in Thailand
- E. Pearson; S. Punpuing; A. Jampaklay / Human Trafficking 2006
- Thailand has emerged as the number one destination in cross-border trafficking of children and women. Many children and young women from Myanmar, Cambodia and Lao PDR migrate to Thailand in search of better life. Often their journey l...
- Findings and recommendations of the evaluation of the decentralisation project in Laos
- E. Braathen; P. Sköld / Norwegian Institute for Urban and Regional Research 2006
- This report presents findings and recommendations of the evaluation of the decentralisation project in the Luang Prabang Province, phase II, as part of the Governance and Public Administration Reform (GPAR) in Lao PDR. Findings...
- Integrating vocational skills into education policy
- International Institute for Educational Planning, UNESCO 2004
- This paper presents the main findings of a four-country project aimed at reinforcing institutional capacities and supporting policy formation in the vocational education sector. The project, undertaken in Laos, Mali, Nepal and ...
- Children’s experiences of conflict with the law and recommendations to protect them
- F. Martin; J. Parry-Williams / Save the Children Fund 2005
- This report addresses the issues facing children who are in conflict with the law. Drawing throughout on case studies and first-hand descriptions of childrens experiences, the first part analyses the experiences and situation of...
- An assessment of the Mekong River Commission
- E. Bruzelius Backer / Fridtjof Nansen Institute 2006
- This report assesses the achievements of the Mekong River Commission, an organisation where Thailand, Lao PDR, Cambodia and Vietnam cooperate about the Mekong River which runs through all four. This study is concerned with internation...