Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Local actions: solutions to global challenges - initiatives of indigenous peoples in climate change adaptation and Disaster Risk Reduction based on traditional knowledge
- Asia Indigenous Peoples Pact 2016
- While governments around the world continue to debate about policies and practices to address climate change solutions, they pay little attention to the situation of indigenous peoples who are among those most affected by clim...
- Asia report on climate change and indigenous people
- J. Carling; J. Carino; L.N. Sherpa / Asia Indigenous Peoples Pact 2016
- The impacts of climate change are severe for at least 260 million indigenous peoples in Asia. The effects of warming temperature, extreme weather events, unpredictable seasons and sea level rise include loss of lives and prope...
- Strengthening public pension systems in Asia: Proceedings of the 2015 ADB—PPI conference on public pension systems
- Asian Development Bank 2016
- While Asia remains a key driver of global economic growth, the outlook for the region anticipates slow marginal growth for 2015 before rebounding in 2016 and remaining stronger for the next 2 years. Indias growth and the...
- Strengthening Lao PDR's research capacity in macroeconomic stabilization measures in the time of the crisis
- Korea Development Institute 2011
- 2010 KSP with the Lao PDR was initiated in April 2010 when the Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI) and the National Economic Research Institute (NERI) of the Government of the Lao PDR submitted a written Demand Survey Form. The ...
- Promotion of private capital flows for infrastructure development in Lao PDR
- Korea Development Institute 2013
- The 2011 Korean Knowledge Sharing Program (KSP) with the Lao PDR was initiated in December 2010 when the Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI) and the National Economic Research Institute ("NERI") of the Government of the Lao PDR ...
- Post-2015 Advocacy Toolkit
- One billion children experience some form of violence each year. Girls are particularly vulnerable, with 120 million under the age of 20 reporting forced sexual intercourse or other forced sexual acts at some point in their lives. Bey...
- China’s dams & regional security implications: an Indian perspective
- D. Jayaram / Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies, India 2015
- One of the characteristics of China’s “peaceful rise” has been its endeavour to control environment, demonstrated mainly by its dam-building policy. This paper underlines that China has been actively diverting river ...
- Data mapping on ageing in Asia and the Pacific: analytical report
- B. Teerawichitchainan; J. Knodel / HelpAge International Asia, Pacific Regional Development Centre 2015
- Population ageing is an increasingly important demographic, social, and economic issue for researchers and policy makers throughout developing Asia prompting a need for data to monitor change and formulate evidence-based policies. The...
- Helpdesk Report: inclusive and effective schools
- L. Bolton / Health and Education Advice and Resource Team 2013
- This helpdesk query ams to identify the characteristics and practices of schools that are both inclusive and effective in terms of pupil attainment. It was difficult to find research where effectiveness in terms of attainment w...
- Managing International Labor Migration in ASEAN: Thailand (Immigration)
- S. PaitoonPong / Philippine Institute for Development Studies 2010
- This paper aims to review the policies on international migration in Thailand and discuss difficulties in implementation. Today, Thailand is the host country of international migration from neighboring countries. Most legal migrant wo...