Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Innovations in education delivery
- J. D. Wilson / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization 2001
- This publication is the first in a new series entitled Educational Innovation for Development, produced by ACEID (Asia-Pacific Programme of Educational Innovation for Development), to reflect the very wide range of imaginative initiat...
- Particpatory land use management in Laos
- Mekonginfo 2000
- Drawing on the experience of the Lao Swedish Forestry Programme, the paper explains how system components (suan prakob) and specific tools (kruang meur japoh) can be integrated into a process of village development planning, implement...
- Manual for HIV reduction work with mobile populations in the Mekong region
- Asian Development Bank Institute 2002
- Guide to the management and implementation of HIV prevention programmes for mobile populations in the Greater Mekong Subregion. It will be used by people and organisations who already have some experience in HIV prevention, and are no...
- What historical, political and cultural factors influence biodiversity planning in Lao PDR?
- S. Chape / Mekonginfo 2002
- Chapter which documents historical and current approaches to biodiversity planning in The Lao People's Democratic Republic (Lao PDR). Historically, a small population and low rate of natural resource exploitation (relative to n...
- Critique of the PRSP process from South East Asia
- Jenina Joy Chavez-Malaluan; Shalmali Guttal / Focus on the Global South 2002
- Critique of the PRSP process globally, with commentary on initial experiences in the Lao PDR, Cambodia and Vietnam. The report questions the quantity and quaility of consultation in the 3 countries, highlighting: ...
- Review of programmes to control trafficking of women and children in South East Asia
- A. Derks / International Organization for Migration 2001
- At least 200-225,000 women and children from South-East Asia are trafficked annually, a figure representing nearly one-third of the global trafficking trade. Of the estimated 45-50,000 women and children estimated to be trafficked int...
- Informing policy by lessons learned from PSIs
- United Nations Development Programme 2001
- This paper is the result of independent country evaluations commissioned by UNDP in order to assess the results and impact achieved by the Poverty Strategies Initiative (PSI) and assist in determining the nature and extent of absolute...
- Asian Development Bank cautiously optimistic about coming year
- Asian Development Bank Institute 2001
- The Asian Development Outlook (ADO) features:an assessment of economic trends and prospects for the world and for the developing economies of Asia and the Pacificeconomic profiles, economic management issues, development policy concerns an...
- What are the health and education needs of ethnic minorities in Cambodia, Laos, Thailand and Viet Nam?
- M. Elledge; E.| Bloom / Center for International Development, Research Triangle Institute (RTI) 2001
- The Greater Mekong Sub-region (GMS) is characterised by ethnic diversity. People from the ethnic minority groups in the GMS are handicapped by lower-than-average levels of health and education, and have not benefited from expanding ec...
- Can Laos and Vietnam maintain economic liberalisation in times of globalisation?
- N. J. Freeman / World Institute for Development Economics Research (WIDER) 2001
- Paper examines the impact of globalisation on two transitional economies in Asia. Both countries have undergone a radical economic reform process over the past decade, assisted by increases in external trade flows, foreign investment ...