Lebanon and Health
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Ensuring human security can lead to better opportunities for human development in the Arab world
- M. El-Sayyid; M. Al-Rasheed; S. Benjelloun; Et al / Human Development Report Office, UNDP, 2009
- This report examines human development in the Arab world through a human security lens, calling on policymakers and other stakeholders to move away from a state-centric conception of security to one which also concentrates on the security o...
- What does water as a human right mean in the Middle East and North Africa region?
- A.K. Biswas (ed); E. Rached (ed); C. Tortajada (ed) / International Development Research Centre, 2008
- In 1992, a United Nations declaration proclaimed water as a human right. However, the water profession and the vast majority of governments in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region have not paid much attention. This online book sy...
- Persisting rural poverty in the Near East and North Africa (NENA) region
- I. Christensen; B. Veillerette; S. Andricopulos / International Fund for Agricultural Development, 2007
- Poverty in the Near East and North Africa region (NENA) is mainly a rural phenomenon. Almost half (48%) the area’s population lives in rural areas. This report focuses on key rural poverty issues in 13 diverse countries in the region,...
- Economic gains from distributing condoms and improving access to clean needles for IDUs
- D Robalino; C. Jenkins; K. El Maroufi / Policy Research Working Papers, World Bank, 2002
- In the Middle East and North Africa, HIV/AIDS prevalence is low when compared with other regions. However, the authors make the case that lack of surveillance may cause authorities to miss significant numbers of cases and that necessary ris...