Lesotho and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- HIV-related discrimination among grade six Students in nine Southern African countries
- B. Maughan-Brown; N. Spaull / PLoS ONE 2014
- HIV-related stigmatisation and discrimination by young children towards their peers have important consequences at the individual level and for our response to the epidemic, yet research on this area is limited. This study exam...
- Youth and adult learning and education in Lesotho
- S.M. Setoi / Open Society Initiative for Southern Africa 2012
- Youth and ault education faces great challenges in Lesotho. It is firstly a big challenge to plan for youth and adult education when the country is struggling to get its conventional schooling system to function appropriately. There a...
- Youth and adult learning and education in southern africa: overview of a five nation study
- J. Aitchison / Open Society Initiative for Southern Africa 2012
- Many countries in southern Africa are facing a critical and growing challenge – how to provide an education that meets the socio-economic needs of their bulging youth populations. Primary school drop-out rates remain high across...
- The role of the education sector in poviding care and support for orphans and vulnerable children in Lesotho and Swaziland
- Open Society Initiative for Southern Africa 2013
- As the HIV epidemic continues to unfold across southern Africa, countries are still struggling to find effective means to address many of its negative impacts at individual, family and community levels. One of the most complicated cha...
- How effectively do National Plans of Action address the needs of the youngest orphans and vulnerable children?
- P. Engle / Bernard van Leer Foundation 2008
- Although it is recognised that the focus of support must be on all children made vulnerable by HIV and AIDS, including those living with sick parents or in extreme poverty, the youngest are often invisible to programme planners, despi...
- Harmonising child rights laws in Eastern and Southern Africa
- African Child Policy Forum 2007
- This report reviews and analyses how far 19 Eastern and Southern African countries have gone in harmonising and implementing the principles of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) and the African Charter on the Righ...
- Harmonisation of national laws with Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC)-Country reviews
- African Child Policy Forum 2007
- This is a regional examination of the extent of harmonisation of national laws relating to children under the umbrella of the Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC). This report reviews and analyses how far countries in Eastern a...
- The impact of emergencies on women and children
- United Nations Children's Fund 2007
- This Humanitarian Action Report 2007 outlines UNICEFs appeal for children and women in 33 emergencies around the world. In each country it looks at critical issues for children, key actions and achievements in 2006 and planned h...
- How can cash transfers support vulnerable children in Eastern and Southern Africa?
- S. Devereux; J. Marshall; J. MacAskill; L. Pelham / Institute of Development Studies UK 2005
- This study reviews unconditional cash transfers in 15 countries of east and southern Africa. It examines four programmes in more depth, in Ethiopia, Lesotho, Mozambique and Zambia, with an emphasis on design issues such as cost-effect...
- Legality and prevalence of corporate punishment in East and Southern Africa
- Global Initiative to End All Corporal Punishment of Children 2005
- This report reviews law and policy in relation to corporal punishment and deliberate humiliation of children in each state in East and Southern Africa. The paper assesses the human rights standards in the region, with particular atten...