Liberia and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Opportunity or threat: the engagement of youth in African societies
- G. Maina (ed) / African Centre for Constructive Resolution of Disputes, 2012
- The unemployment crisis in Africa is a critical challenge to a majority of youth. This situation demands a clear policy framework, accompanied by clear budgetary allocations. The chapters in this monograph examine the dynamics of the ...
- Unlock the intelligence, passion, greatness of girls
- L. Gbowee / TED, 2012
- All across the globe there are policies, conventions and laws, championed by great people, all with the aim of ensuring the safety and advancement of young people, especially girls. By and large, these have all failed. This...
- The impact of an adolescent girls employment program: the EPAG Project in Liberia
- Policy Research Working Papers, World Bank, 2014
- Fourteen years of civil war in Liberia devastated the country’s infrastructure and institutions, and left a generation of young people with very low levels of education and training. Girls were particularly disadvantaged, althou...
- Investing in post conflict youth development
- D. Mac-Ikemenjima / Academic Journals, 2008
- Young people are susceptible to being used as perpetrators of conflicts and civil disorders, yet they remain the most vulnerable and the most affected in post conflict communities. However, young people are also the greatest resource ...
- A policy guide to ending girl child marriage
- International Center for Research on Women, USA, 2007
- Girls who marry as children (younger than 18 years of age) are often more susceptible to the health risks associated with early sexual initiation and childbearing, including HIV and obstetric fistula. Lacking status and power, these g...
- Information on young migrants
- United Nations Population Fund, 2006
- Why do young people move? Who are they? This report explores the lives of young migrants from or those whose lives are marked by the experiences of spouses or relatives who have moved abroad. The authors hope that by listen...
- Returnee children in Liberia
- M. Boas; A. Hatloy / Institute for Applied International Studies, Norway, 2006
- This report documents the kinds of formal and informal work that children and youth may be involved with in the context of a return situation in a fragile or a post conflict environment. Concentrating specifically on the experi...
- Exploitation of children in Liberia
- Save the Children Fund, 2006
- Children have been affected by the war and displacement in Liberia over the past two decades, such as by recruitment into armed forces, separation from their families, witnessing atrocities, rape and torture. This study focuses on chi...
- Violations of Liberian children's security and rights
- Women's Refugee Commission, 2004
- This report presents information on ongoing violations of Liberian childrens security and rights. Post-conflict in Liberia has seen slight improvements in the humanitarian, human rights and political situations, yet, widespread ...
- Measures to avoid the recruitment of child soldiers in West Africa
- E. Delap / Save the Children Fund, 2005
- This report looks at the experiences of children living in conflict situations, and focuses on strategies to prevent the recruitment of children into armed groups. Following interviews and discussions with around 200 children and 300 ...