Liberia and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Information on young migrants
- United Nations Population Fund 2006
- Why do young people move? Who are they? This report explores the lives of young migrants from or those whose lives are marked by the experiences of spouses or relatives who have moved abroad. The authors hope that by listen...
- Returnee children in Liberia
- M. Boas; A. Hatloy / Institute for Applied International Studies, Norway 2006
- This report documents the kinds of formal and informal work that children and youth may be involved with in the context of a return situation in a fragile or a post conflict environment. Concentrating specifically on the experi...
- Exploitation of children in Liberia
- Save the Children Fund 2006
- Children have been affected by the war and displacement in Liberia over the past two decades, such as by recruitment into armed forces, separation from their families, witnessing atrocities, rape and torture. This study focuses on chi...
- Violations of Liberian children's security and rights
- Women's Refugee Commission 2004
- This report presents information on ongoing violations of Liberian childrens security and rights. Post-conflict in Liberia has seen slight improvements in the humanitarian, human rights and political situations, yet, widespread ...
- Measures to avoid the recruitment of child soldiers in West Africa
- E. Delap / Save the Children Fund 2005
- This report looks at the experiences of children living in conflict situations, and focuses on strategies to prevent the recruitment of children into armed groups. Following interviews and discussions with around 200 children and 300 ...
- Weapons in hands of West African youths spell trouble
- N. Florquin; E. G. Berman / Small Arms Survey 2005
- This study looks at the armed groups and small arms in the 15 member countries of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) region. Armed groups in this report are defined as groups that have the capacity to challenge the...
- Youth fighters in West Africa
- Human Rights Watch 2005
- This paper looks at the migrant population of young fighters regional warriors who have been involved in the armed conflicts in Liberia, Sierra Leone, Guinea and Côte dIvoire since the late 1980s, who v...
- Supporting the demobilisation of child soldiers, Liberia
- T. Tate / Human Rights Watch 2004
- This report explores the human rights situation of child soldiers in Liberia through a series of interviews with former and current child soldiers undertaken in the country in late 2003. The report argues that approximately 15,...
- Re-conceiving war-affected children: from passive victims to active survivors
- Susan Nicolai; Carl Triplehorn / id21 Development Research Reporting Service 2003
- Is it time that education in emergencies occupied a more prominent place in humanitarian thinking? How can education help protect the physical and psychological wellbeing of children in war-affected or displaced communities? How ...