Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Mineral governance barometer - Southern Africa
- R. Alence; R. Mattes / Southern African Resource Watch 2017
- Southern Africa is endowed with lucrative mineral resources such as diamonds, gold, copper, coal, platinum, and uranium. This rich endowment can be a major asset in the quest for inclusive and sustainable development, yet mining...
- CLTS engagement, outcomes and empowerment in Malagasy communities
- I. Davis / Water Supply and Sanitation Collaborative Council 2016
- Gender equality, serving the most vulnerable, and addressing the particular needs of women and girls are among the core principles of the Global Sanitation Fund (GSF). In order to better understand the link between gender dyna...
- Meeting the need, fulfilling the promise: youth and long-acting reversible contraceptives
- N. Yinger / Population Reference Bureau 2016
- The highest proportion of young people today - 89 percent - live in developing countries. In some sub-Saharan African countries, where fertility remains high, we can expect growing cohorts of children and youth, unless fertili...
- The timing of agricultural production in hazard-prone areas to prevent losses at peak- risk periods: a case of Malawi, Madagascar and Mozambique
- L. Kruger / African Centre for Disaster Studies 2016
- Hazard-prone areas in southern Africa experience many natural hazards, which include cyclones, floods and droughts. The severe climatic conditions of southern Africa have an especially large impact on the agricultural practices of sma...
- Weathering the 'long wounded year': livelihoods, nutrition, and changing political ecologies in the Mikea Forest Region, Madagascar
- A. Huff 2014
- Researchers studying health, adaptability, and political economy have long been concerned with human health as a reflection of interpenetrating sociopolitical, economic, ecological, and bodily processes. However, understanding the pro...
- Re-framing island nations as champions of resilience in the face of climate change and disaster risk.
- R.M De Souza; S. Henly-Shepard; K. McNamara; N. Fernando / United Nations University Institute for Environment and Human Security 2015
- This paper is part of a set of working papers that resulted from the Resilience Academy 2013-2014. The United Nations University Institute of Environment and Human Security (UNU-EHS) publishes these papers as part of its UNU-EHS Worki...
- SADC investment perspectives in a changing international investment landscape
- H. Bezuidenhout / South African Institute of International Affairs 2015
- The global arena for foreign direct investment (FDI) has become much more fluid and complex in the five years from 2010 to 2015. The Southern African Development Community (SADC) as a region has shown exceptional growth but relatively...
- China–Africa co-operation: capacity building and social responsibility of investments
- W. Benjelloun / South African Institute of International Affairs 2015
- Over the past decade, African economies have enjoyed a sustained period of growth, and this has made the continent an attractive destination for international investors. This paper reviews the contours of Chinese investment and aid pr...
- Promising pathways. Innovations and best practices in CLTS at scale in Madagascar. Towards an open defecation free country
- K. Milward; S. Pradhan; K. Pasteur / CLTS Foundation 2014
- This book from the CLTS Foundation - with a foreword by Kamal Kar - describes their research into the process and practices of Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) as implemented by the Global Sanitation Fund (GSF) programme in ...
- REDD: A Collection of Conflicts, Contradictions and Lies
- World Rainforest Movement 2015
- The complexity of REDD initiatives from another perspective. REDD: A Collection of Conflicts, Contradictions and Lies presents summaries of reports from 24 REDD projects or programmes with a common character...