Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Malawi Development Exchange
This Eldis-sponsored group focuses on development information from Malawi and on the people who produce it. We offer a collection of online documents, a daily selection of news and commentary, occasional feature articles, profiles of Malawian development practitioners and a search of Malawian websites
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Mineral governance barometer - Southern Africa
- R. Alence; R. Mattes / Southern African Resource Watch 2017
- Southern Africa is endowed with lucrative mineral resources such as diamonds, gold, copper, coal, platinum, and uranium. This rich endowment can be a major asset in the quest for inclusive and sustainable development, yet mining...
- Malawi summary of baseline studies: country report for the GFCS Adaptation Program in Africa
- Climate Change Agriculture Food Security 2015
- This report reflects the summary of baseline findings in Malawi, under the auspices of the Global Framework for Climate Services (GFCS) Adaptation Programme in Africa. It identifies gaps in climate information access and use a...
- Training agricultural research & extension staff to produce and communicate agro-climatic information, to enhance the resilience and food security of farmers and pastoralists in Kiteto, Tanzania
- Climate Change Agriculture Food Security 2017
- National Agricultural Extension Systems in ten districts in Tanzania and Malawi are receiving training in the production and use of climate services as part of a WFP-CCAFS joint activity within the GFCS Adaptation Programme in Africa....
- Vulnerability to climate change and adaptation strategies of local communities in Malawi: experiences of women fish-processing groups in the Lake Chilwa Basin
- H. Jørstad; C. Webersik / Earth System Dynamics 2016
- In recent years, research on climate change and human security has received much attention among policy makers and academia alike. Communities in the Global South that rely on an intact resource base and struggle with poverty,...
- Averting 'New Variant Famine' in Southern Africa: building food-secure livelihoods with AIDS-affected young people
- N. Ansell; E. Robson; L. van Blerk; F. Hajdu / Economic and Social Research Council, UK 2009
- Numerous reports have linked AIDS impacts on young people and their long term food insecurity, through, for instance, orphans failure to inherit property and resources; inability to retain rights to land which they are too...
- Averting ‘New Variant Famine’ in Southern Africa: building food-secure rural livelihoods with AIDS-affected young people
- N. Ansell / Department for International Development, UK 2009
- Southern Africa is experiencing the worlds highest HIV prevalence rates alongside recurrent food crises. This has prompted scholars to hypothesise a 'New Variant Famine' in which inability to access food is driven by the effects...
- Learning from young people about their lives: using participatory methods to research the impacts of AIDS in southern Africa
- N. Ansell; F. Hajdu; L. van Blerk; E. Robson / Children's Geographies 2012
- Methods of participatory research have become popular among childrens geographers as they are believed to enable young people to speak openly about their lives in unthreatening contexts. In this paper the authors reflect...
- Averting ‘New Variant Famine’ in Southern Africa: building food secure rural livelihoods with AIDS-affected young people
- Department for International Development, UK 2009
- Southern Africa is experi-encing the worlds highest HIV prevalence rates alongside recurrent food crises. This has prompted scholars to hypothesise a 'New Variant Famine' in which inability to access food is driven by the ef-fec...
- Income generating activities as components of sustainable rural livelihoods for young southern Africans - AIDS and other constraints
- The Geographical Journal 2011
- The literature dedicated to exploring rural livelihoods in southern Africa has devoted comparatively little attention to non-agricultural livelihoods, as several authors have pointed out. This gap in knowledge about non-agricultural l...
- Mobile phones and education in Sub-Saharan Africa: from youth practice to public policy
- Journal of International Development 2015
- Young people's use of mobile phones is expanding exponentially across Africa. Its transformative potential is exciting, but findings presented in this paper indicate how the downside of mobile phone use in African schools is becoming ...