Malaysia and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- The implementation and impact of national qualifications frameworks: report of a study in 16 countries.
- S. Allias / International Labour Organization 2010
- This report aimed to produce empirical evidence and analysis of countries’ experiences of introducing qualifications framework as part of a strategy to achieve skills development and employment goals. A qualifications fra...
- Is the Asia-Pacific facing mounting youth problems?
- United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific 2007
- Focusing on six Asia-Pacific countries; Australia, China, India, Malaysia, the Republic of Korea and Singapore, this paper documents information and experiences on youth issues, youth policy formulation and programme development. With...
- Children and women domestic workers’ experiences of abuse and how governments can address them
- J. Sunderland; N. Varia / Human Rights Watch 2006
- Abuses of children and women domestic workers - many of them migrant workers - are widespread, but increased awareness of the problem has not yet resulted in concerted government action to address it. Based on interviews with hundreds...
- Child domestic labourers need legal protection
- Human Rights Watch 2004
- This paper summarises the situation of child domestic labourers in Central America, Malaysia/Indonesia and West and Central Africa in terms of abuse they face, discrimination, lack of education opportunities, long working hours, low w...
- Impact of migration on children
- J. Bryant / UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre 2005
- This paper looks at problems and opportunities faced by three groups of children affected by international migration: children left behind by international labour migrants from the Philippines, Indonesia, and Thailand ...
- Malaysian Family Life Surveys (MFLS)
- RAND Center for the Study of Aging 1999
- The MFLS comprise a pair of surveys with partially overlapping samples, designed by RAND and administered in Peninsular Malaysia in 1976-77 (MFLS-1) and 1988-89 (MFLS-2). Fieldwork for MFLS-1 was carried out by Survey Research Malaysi...