Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Climate change and coral reefs – key issues and risks for the Maldives
- World Conservation Union 2016
- The Maldives is a renowned for its abundant and globally significant marine biodiversity. It contains the largest group of coral reefs in the Indian Ocean. Its biodiversity includes: Over 1,100 species of reef fishes Over 250 sp...
- Data mapping on ageing in Asia and the Pacific: analytical report
- B. Teerawichitchainan; J. Knodel / HelpAge International Asia, Pacific Regional Development Centre 2015
- Population ageing is an increasingly important demographic, social, and economic issue for researchers and policy makers throughout developing Asia prompting a need for data to monitor change and formulate evidence-based policies. The...
- Prospects for regional cooperation on cross-border electricity trade in South Asia
- Integrated Research and Action for Development 2013
- Energy remains one of the key inputs to socio-economic progress in developing societies. South Asian nations, namely Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, the Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka, have so far lagged far behind t...
- Regional cooperation for regional infrastructure development: challenges and policy options for South Asia
- P De / Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2009
- Regional infrastructure is one of the major determinants of economic integration process. It enhances international and regional connectivity through the free flow of goods and factors across borders, allowing countries to benefit fro...
- A legally binding agreement (LBA) - growing need for air pollution reduction and control in South Asia
- M.A. Khwaja; F.H. Shaheen / Sustainable Development Policy Institute, Pakistan 2011
- Environmental degradation remains a challenge in most South Asian countries. With increased industrial activity, the exponential growth in number of vehicles and population, the contribution of each country to the south Asia regional ...
- Air pollution reduction and control in South Asia
- Sustainable Development Policy Institute, Pakistan 2012
- With increasing urbanisation and economic growth, air pollution is becoming an urgent concern in South Asian countries Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. The objective of this study is to look into and...
- Fighting corruption in South Asia: building accountability
- Transparency International 2014
- Hardly a speech is delivered in South Asia without mention of the need to fight corruption in the region. Yet despite the lofty promises, corruption is on the rise. This report shows how a serious lack of political will on the part of...
- Climate change, food security and trade linkages in South Asia
- R.K. Jha; N.K. Singh 2013
- This briefing paper examines the linkages between climate change, food security and trade in South Asia. The paper clarifies that the South Asian region is particularly vulnerable to climate change owing to overly utilisation o...
- Expert views of climate change adaptation in least developed Asia
- B. K. Sovacool / Elsevier 2012
- Drawing primarily from original data collected from more than 100 semi-structured research interviews, this study discusses the benefits of four climate change adaptation projects being implemented in Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia and ...
- Toolkit for integrating disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation and ecosystem management in south Asia
- S. Miththapala; V. Sawarkar; P. Krishnan; M. M. Ariyabandu / United Nations Development Programme 2012
- This comprehensive toolkit, jointly produced by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) India and the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR) Asia Pacific Secretariat, seeks to provide strategies for integra...