Maldives and Environment
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS environment collection
Search for the latest environment-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Toolkit for integrating disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation and ecosystem management in south Asia
- S. Miththapala; V. Sawarkar; P. Krishnan; M. M. Ariyabandu / United Nations Development Programme, 2012
- This comprehensive toolkit, jointly produced by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) India and the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR) Asia Pacific Secretariat, seeks to provide strategies for integra...
- Policies to address food security in small island economies in the Caribbean and the Pacific
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, 2005
- This paper presented to a special FAO ministerial session in 2005 outlines policies for food security in Small Island Developing States (SIDS) based around three main criteria: food availability depends on domest...
- How can we manage the damaging impacts of the marine aquarium trade?
- E. Wood / Marine Conservation Society, 2001
- The ornamental fish trade is a multi-million dollar industry, with fisheries operating all around the tropical world. Currently about 45 countries supply the market. The most important suppliers are Indonesia and the Philippines, with...
- Case studies, resource guides and management guide for fisheries planners and managers.
- United Nations [UN] Environment Programme, 2002
- This report is one of eight thematic reviews prepared for the Biodiversity Planning Support Programme (BPSP), a programme created to help countries strengthen national capacity to prepare and implement National Biodiversity Strategies...