Maldives and Poverty
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS poverty collection
- Search for the latest poverty-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Getting priorities of the poor to feed into composite poverty measurement indices
- H de Kruijk / Q-Squared: Combining Qualitative and Quantitative Approaches in Poverty Analysis, 2007
- This paper from Erasmus University in Holland presents a new multi-dimensional poverty indicator called the Human Vulnerability Index. It weighs dimensions of poverty using population preferences which are derived from priority rankin...
- Gender mainstreaming: who benefits from organising community and household resources?
- G. Kelkar; D. Nathan / Gender Mainstreaming Programme in Asia, 2004
- This manual has been developed to support the formulation and implementation of poverty reduction projects in Asia. It focuses on identifying strategic gender initiatives to help enhance womens agency in the household and commun...
- Report criticises international financial treatment of South Asia
- K. Achary / South Asia Alliance for Poverty Alleviation, 2003
- This report examines poverty in South Asia, and examines case studies in Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. The authors are highly critical of drastic income inequalities in South Asia, and claim that...
- Asian Development Bank cautiously optimistic about coming year
- Asian Development Bank Institute, 2001
- The Asian Development Outlook (ADO) features:an assessment of economic trends and prospects for the world and for the developing economies of Asia and the Pacificeconomic profiles, economic management issues, development policy concerns an...
- Informing policy by lessons learned from PSIs
- United Nations Development Programme, 2001
- This paper is the result of independent country evaluations commissioned by UNDP in order to assess the results and impact achieved by the Poverty Strategies Initiative (PSI) and assist in determining the nature and extent of absolute...