Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Equality Path: planning and budgeting with a gender lens
- UN Women, 2012
- An increasing number of countries are introducing measures in their planning and budgeting processes to address more effectively the persisting inequalities between women and men and boys and girls in all sectors. This video features ...
- A systematic assessment of the current capacity to act in nutrition in West Africa: cross-country similarities and differences
- R. Sodjinou 2014
- Although it is widely accepted that lack of capacity is one of the barriers to scaling up nutrition in West Africa, there is a paucity of information about what capacities exist and the capacities that need to be developed to accelera...
- Gender Cafe: Gender Responsive Budgeting and Planning, a comparative perspective on Cameroon, Mali and Senegal
- In Cameroon, it is around a coffee and without taboo that partners and stakeholders discussed how to ensure gender responsive budgeting and planning (GRB/P) is put in place, and significantly contributes to building gender equality, n...
- Mali climate vulnerability mapping
- USA Agency for International Development, 2014
- This is a USAID climate vulnerability mapping study of Mali, including climate scenario projections for future regional, and overall, climate vulnerability. As part of the African and Latin American Resilience to Climate Change...
- Linking small holder agriculture to school food provision
- A. Gelli; K. Neeser; L. Drake / Home Grown School Feeding, 2010
- Home grown School Feeding (HGSF) in Sub-Saharan Africa is seen as a key tool in the transition towards nationally owned school feeding programmes. However, to support the transition from externally driven school feeding to HGSF, the P...
- Developing rations for Home Grown School Feeding
- R. Galloway / Home Grown School Feeding, 2010
- This paper discusses how to set the goals for school meal rations based on educational and nutrition outcomes. The paper points that school feeding programs do not significantly improve the nutritional status of school children unless...
- Home Grown School Feeding and social protection
- S. Devereux; R. Sabates-Wheeler; A.P. Martínez / Home Grown School Feeding, 2010
- This paper argues that Home Grown School Feeding (HGSF) programmes have great potential to deliver various social protection benefits, not only for schoolchildren and their families but also for food supplying farmers. The pape...
- Engaging communities: evaluating social accountability in school feeding programmes
- C. Johnson; E. Janoch / Home Grown School Feeding, 2011
- This paper addresses the question of how implementers of Home Grown School Feeding (HGSF) systems can create and operationalise feedback systems between communities, governments and external partners to ensure programmes are meeting c...
- A comparison of supply chains for school food: exploring operational trade-offs across implementation models
- A. Gelli; A. Kretschmer; L. Molinas / Home Grown School Feeding, 2012
- School feeding is a complex form of intervention that is delivered in various, context-specific models or configurations. This paper indicates that an increasing need for support and understanding of the different models and modalitie...
- Getting real about an illicit ‘External Stressor’: Transnational cocaine trafficking through West Africa
- M. Schultze-Kraft / Institute of Development Studies UK, 2014
- Concerns over West Africa's increasingly prominent role as transhipment point of South American cocaine en route to Europe are mounting. Gathering pace in the mid-2000s, large-scale drug trafficking has been associated with rec...
- Réseau Ouest et Centre Africain de Recherche en Education / Educational Research Network for West and Central Africa (ROCARE / ERNWACA)
- Regional research network on education policy