Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Working towards a Smart Energy Path – Experience from Benin, Mali and Togo
- M. Labriet; C. Fiebig; M. Labrousse / Climate and Development Knowledge Network, 2015
- This publication outlines learning from the ‘Energy, Ecodevelopment and Resilience in Africa (EERA)’ in West Africa. Benin, Mali and Togo all participated in EERA which offers lessons to other countries on approache...
- Political risks facing African democracies: Evidence from Afrobarometer
- M. Bratton; E. Gyimah-Boadi / Afrobarometer, 2015
- Where are African countries headed politically? How resilient are Africa’s governments, regimes, and states? What are the characteristics of political risk? This paper is motivated by a desire to discover whether it is possible ...
- On the primacy of weak public service provision in rural Africa: Malians redefine ‘state breakdown’ amidst 2012 political crisis
- J. Bleck; K. Michelitch / Afrobarometer, 2015
- In 2012, Mali faced a dual state breakdown disrupting nearly 20 years of democratization – a coup and a secessionist insurgency. This paper provides the perspectives of rural Malians living on the border of state- and rebel-cont...
- Specialisation or diversification? Divergent perspectives on rice farming in three large dam-irrigated areas in the Sahel
- B. Guèye / International Institute for Environment and Development, 2014
- This report is based on the main lessons and recommendations from three case studies analysing the strategies, aspirations and constraints of the various types of farmers living around the dams of Bagré (Burkina Faso), Sé...
- Impacts of large-scale investments in agriculture on water resources, ecosystems and livelihoods; and development of policy options for decision makers
- GRID Arendal, 2014
- The goal of this project is to analyze the nature and extent of impacts of foreign direct investments (FDI) in agriculture in Africa. The research, which is being conducted on behalf of the African Ministers’ Cou...
- Too poor to care?: the salience of aids in Africa
- M.K. Justesen / Afrobarometer, 2011
- Sub-Saharan Africa is the part of the world that is most severely affected by HIV/AIDS, yet surveys of attitudes to AIDS across African countries show that most people do not attach great importance to the issue. The current paper arg...
- Climate change in Mali: Institutional analysis of L’agence de L’environnement et du Développement Durable (AEDD) and L’agence Nationale de la Météorologie (Mali-Météo)
- USA Agency for International Development, 2014
- The purpose of this institutional analysis of the Agence de l’Environnement et du Institutional Analysis of l’Agence de l’Environnement et du Développement Durable (AEDD) and l’Agence Nationale de la M&e...
- The political participation of Africa’s youth: turnout, partisanship and protest
- D. Resnick; D. Casale / Afrobarometer, 2011
- The youth have long represented an important constituency for electoral mobilisation in Africa, but very little is known about the political participation of Africa’s youth. The current paper focuses on different modes of politi...
- Exploiting the poor: bureaucratic corruption and poverty in Africa
- M.K. Justesen; C. Bjørnskov / Afrobarometer, 2012
- Corruption is a major source of slow development in Africa. The current paper develops a model of the relationship between poverty and corruption, and utilises Afrobarometer survey data on 18 sub-Saharan African countries. The ...
- Malian democracy recovering: military rule still admired
- B. Dulani / Afrobarometer, 2014
- After experiencing a twin crisis of separatist rebellion and a military coup in 2012, there were serious concerns about the future prospects of democracy in Mali. This paper draws from the results of an Afrobarometer survey, focusing ...
- Réseau Ouest et Centre Africain de Recherche en Education / Educational Research Network for West and Central Africa (ROCARE / ERNWACA)
- Regional research network on education policy