Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- The potential of NGOs to build resilience to climate extremes and disasters in the Sahel and a selection of DFID priority countries
- S. Standley / Evidence on Demand, 2013
- The BRACED is a multi-year programme which will scale up funding to NGOs interventions that build community resilience to extreme climate events in ten African and South Asian countries. Drawing on the first two phases of BRACED, this...
- Check your blind spot: confronting criminal spoilers in the Sahel
- Institute for Security Studies, 2013
- Western governments focus heavily on the presence of Islamist extremists in the Sahel and have provided technical assistance in an attempt to strengthen the capacity of the security sectors and justice systems in the countries of the ...
- Conservation agriculture with trees in the West African Sahel – a review
- World Agroforestry Centre, 2011
- In the Sahel, the traditional parkland systems, which are the main providers of food, incomes, and environmental services, are rapidly degrading. In spite of the desperate situation, there is a growing number of cases which document s...
- Timbuktu’s golden legacy: the experience of South African companies doing business in Mali
- M. Sayagues / South African Institute of International Affairs, 2007
- Mali is among the three top economic performers in West Africa. The purpose of the study was to identify some of the pitfalls associated with doing business in a country such as Mali, while also giving credit to some of the success st...
- Development aid for infrastructure investment in Africa: Malian relations with China, the European Commission and the World Bank
- H. Fletcher / South African Institute of International Affairs, 2010
- In a widely publicised declaration of co-operation (February 2009), the government of China pledged to build a third bridge in Bamako, the capital of Mali. Construction commenced soon afterwards. This paper compares the ter...
- Mali in the aftermath of the French military intervention: new opportunities or back to square one?
- L-A. Théroux-Bénoni / Institute for Security Studies, 2013
- While the planning process for the deployment of the African-led international support mission to Mali (AFISMA) was laboriously under way, events followed in rapid succession when the armed groups occupying the northern part of ...
- Mali: making peace while preparing for war
- L-A. Théroux-Bénoni / Institute for Security Studies, 2012
- Following the deadlock that lasted for several months, major steps towards the management of the crisis in Mali were taken at three main events: 1. The high-level meeting on the Sahel, held on 26 September 2012 in the margins o...
- The political economy of conflicts in northern Mali
- M.F. Ould Bah / Institute for Security Studies, 2013
- Recent developments in Mali (the chaotic split of the north, the institutional crisis in the south), Libya (the fall of the Gaddafi regime and the proliferation of tribal-Jihadist militia) and Nigeria (the emergence of the Jihadist Sa...
- A tenuous solution in Mali: between internal constraints and external pressures
- L.A. Théroux-Bénoni / Institute for Security Studies, 2013
- While the announced date for holding the presidential election in Mali was fast approaching, the continued occupation of the Kidal region by Tuareg armed groups compromised the organisation of elections throughout the country. It is i...
- Scaling up nutrition: Progress report from countries and their partners in the movement to Scale Up Nutrition (SUN)
- United Nations [UN] Standing Committee on Nutrition, 2011
- This draft report was prepared for the High Level Meeting on Nutrition at the UN General Assembly in September 2011 and the follow-up workshop for the Scale-Up Nutrition (SUN) Movement, which was designed to help nations where people ...
- Réseau Ouest et Centre Africain de Recherche en Education / Educational Research Network for West and Central Africa (ROCARE / ERNWACA)
- Regional research network on education policy