Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Scaling up nutrition: Progress report from countries and their partners in the movement to Scale Up Nutrition (SUN)
- United Nations [UN] Standing Committee on Nutrition, 2011
- This draft report was prepared for the High Level Meeting on Nutrition at the UN General Assembly in September 2011 and the follow-up workshop for the Scale-Up Nutrition (SUN) Movement, which was designed to help nations where people ...
- Climate change, water conflicts and human security
- J. Kloos; N. Gebert; T. Rosenfeld; F. Renaud / United Nations University Institute for Environment and Human Security, 2013
- This report presents a comprehensive regional assessment of the Mediterranean, Middle East, and Sahel in terms of climate change impacts, vulnerabilities, conflict/cooperation and human security at various scales and in a variety of c...
- My rights, my voice annual progress report 2012
- Oxfam, 2013
- My Rights, My Voice (MRMV) is an innovative three-year global programme, engaging marginalised children and youth in their rights to health and education services in eight countries. The belief behind the MRMV initiative is that child...
- Climate adaptation challenges and opportunities: institutional, organisational and human-capacity strengthening
- C. Ragasa; Y. Sun; E. Bryan / International Food Policy Research Institute, 2013
- The International Food Policy Research Institute has conducted this study to explore the challenges and opportunities climate change adaptation provides to institutional, organisational and human-capacity strengthening. The report see...
- Managing Price Risk in Local Food Reserves: Analysing the prospects for a stabilisation fund in Mali and Niger
- M. Alba; T. Serra; J. M. Gil / Oxfam, 2013
- Local food reserves can contribute to food security strategies and have the potential to empower communities. These collective initiatives are set up and owned by small-scale producers with the objective of increasing the availability...
- Practice Brief: Promote food security in West and Central Africa
- SNV, 2013
- This practice brief showcases SNV’s activities in West and Central Africa aimed at supporting rural households to achieve food security. It is based on a broad range of case studies that highlight a number of s...
- Envisioning the future and learning from the past: adapting to a changing environment in northern Mali
- M. Brockhaus; H. Djoudi (ed); B. Locatelli (ed) / Elsevier, 2013
- In West Africa, rural livelihoods that dependon natural resources develop coping and adapting strategies to face climate variability or change, and economic or political changes. The former Lake Faguibine in northern Mali has experien...
- Final Impact Evaluation of the Saving for Change Program in Mali, 2009-2012
- Saving for Change (SfC) is a community savings group programme designed and implemented by Oxfam America, Freedom from Hunger, and the Strømme Foundation. SfC operates in 13 countries in West Africa, Latin America and Asia. ...
- Learning the Lessons? Assessing the response to the 2012 food crisis in the Sahel to build resilience for the future
- Oxfam, 2013
- In 2012, the Sahel region of West and Central Africa was once again hit by a severe food crisis, affecting over 18 million people at its peak. At the start of 2012, when the crisis began to unfold, many governments, donors and aid age...
- Landscape Analysis: Assessing Countries' Readiness to Scale up Nutrition Actions in the WHO African Region
- This paper assessed strengths and weaknesses in combating malnutrition in nine Sub-Saharan Africa nations with high stunting burden (Burkina-Faso, Comoros, CotedIvoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Madagascar, Mali, Mozambique and South Afr...
- Réseau Ouest et Centre Africain de Recherche en Education / Educational Research Network for West and Central Africa (ROCARE / ERNWACA)
- Regional research network on education policy