Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Mali climate vulnerability mapping
- USA Agency for International Development, 2014
- This report presents the results of a climate vulnerability mapping exercise that intended to assist with strategic planning in Mali. The approach utilizes a spatial vulnerability index comprising 18 indicators that are grouped into t...
- Linking small holder agriculture to school food provision
- A. Gelli; K. Neeser; L. Drake / Home Grown School Feeding, 2010
- Home grown School Feeding (HGSF) in Sub-Saharan Africa is seen as a key tool in the transition towards nationally owned school feeding programmes. However, to support the transition from externally driven school feeding to HGSF, the P...
- Developing rations for Home Grown School Feeding
- R. Galloway / Home Grown School Feeding, 2010
- This paper discusses how to set the goals for school meal rations based on educational and nutrition outcomes. The paper points that school feeding programs do not significantly improve the nutritional status of school children unless...
- Home Grown School Feeding and social protection
- S. Devereux; R. Sabates-Wheeler; A.P. Martínez / Home Grown School Feeding, 2010
- This paper argues that Home Grown School Feeding (HGSF) programmes have great potential to deliver various social protection benefits, not only for schoolchildren and their families but also for food supplying farmers. The pape...
- Engaging communities: evaluating social accountability in school feeding programmes
- C. Johnson; E. Janoch / Home Grown School Feeding, 2011
- This paper addresses the question of how implementers of Home Grown School Feeding (HGSF) systems can create and operationalise feedback systems between communities, governments and external partners to ensure programmes are meeting c...
- A comparison of supply chains for school food: exploring operational trade-offs across implementation models
- A. Gelli; A. Kretschmer; L. Molinas / Home Grown School Feeding, 2012
- School feeding is a complex form of intervention that is delivered in various, context-specific models or configurations. This paper indicates that an increasing need for support and understanding of the different models and modalitie...
- Getting real about an illicit ‘External Stressor’: Transnational cocaine trafficking through West Africa
- M. Schultze-Kraft / Institute of Development Studies UK, 2014
- Concerns over West Africa's increasingly prominent role as transhipment point of South American cocaine en route to Europe are mounting. Gathering pace in the mid-2000s, large-scale drug trafficking has been associated with rec...
- Cost and impact of policies to remove fees for obstetric care in Benin, Burkina Faso, Mali and Morocco
- S Witter / FEMHealth, 2014
- User fee exemption for delivery and emergency obstetric care (EmONC) has been introduced by several African countries with the aim of improving access to care and thus improving maternal and neonatal outcomes. However, the current evi...
- The potential of NGOs to build resilience to climate extremes and disasters in the Sahel and a selection of DFID priority countries
- S. Standley / Evidence on Demand, 2013
- The BRACED is a multi-year programme which will scale up funding to NGOs interventions that build community resilience to extreme climate events in ten African and South Asian countries. Drawing on the first two phases of BRACED, this...
- Check your blind spot: confronting criminal spoilers in the Sahel
- Institute for Security Studies, 2013
- Western governments focus heavily on the presence of Islamist extremists in the Sahel and have provided technical assistance in an attempt to strengthen the capacity of the security sectors and justice systems in the countries of the ...
- Réseau Ouest et Centre Africain de Recherche en Education / Educational Research Network for West and Central Africa (ROCARE / ERNWACA)
- Regional research network on education policy