Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Development aid for infrastructure investment in Africa: Malian relations with China, the European Commission and the World Bank
- H. Fletcher / South African Institute of International Affairs, 2010
- In a widely publicised declaration of co-operation (February 2009), the government of China pledged to build a third bridge in Bamako, the capital of Mali. Construction commenced soon afterwards. This paper compares the ter...
- Mali in the aftermath of the French military intervention: new opportunities or back to square one?
- L-A. Théroux-Bénoni / Institute for Security Studies, South Africa, 2013
- While the planning process for the deployment of the African-led international support mission to Mali (AFISMA) was laboriously under way, events followed in rapid succession when the armed groups occupying the northern part of ...
- Mali: making peace while preparing for war
- L-A. Théroux-Bénoni / Institute for Security Studies, South Africa, 2012
- Following the deadlock that lasted for several months, major steps towards the management of the crisis in Mali were taken at three main events: 1. The high-level meeting on the Sahel, held on 26 September 2012 in the margins o...
- The political economy of conflicts in northern Mali
- M.F. Ould Bah / Institute for Security Studies, South Africa, 2013
- Recent developments in Mali (the chaotic split of the north, the institutional crisis in the south), Libya (the fall of the Gaddafi regime and the proliferation of tribal-Jihadist militia) and Nigeria (the emergence of the Jihadist Sa...
- A tenuous solution in Mali: between internal constraints and external pressures
- L.A. Théroux-Bénoni / Institute for Security Studies, South Africa, 2013
- While the announced date for holding the presidential election in Mali was fast approaching, the continued occupation of the Kidal region by Tuareg armed groups compromised the organisation of elections throughout the country. It is i...
- Scaling up nutrition: Progress report from countries and their partners in the movement to Scale Up Nutrition (SUN)
- United Nations [UN] Standing Committee on Nutrition, 2011
- This draft report was prepared for the High Level Meeting on Nutrition at the UN General Assembly in September 2011 and the follow-up workshop for the Scale-Up Nutrition (SUN) Movement, which was designed to help nations where people ...
- Climate change, water conflicts and human security
- J. Kloos; N. Gebert; T. Rosenfeld; F. Renaud / United Nations University Institute for Environment and Human Security, 2013
- This report presents a comprehensive regional assessment of the Mediterranean, Middle East, and Sahel in terms of climate change impacts, vulnerabilities, conflict/cooperation and human security at various scales and in a variety of c...
- My rights, my voice annual progress report 2012
- Oxfam, 2013
- My Rights, My Voice (MRMV) is an innovative three-year global programme, engaging marginalised children and youth in their rights to health and education services in eight countries. The belief behind the MRMV initiative is that child...
- Climate adaptation challenges and opportunities: institutional, organisational and human-capacity strengthening
- C. Ragasa; Y. Sun; E. Bryan / International Food Policy Research Institute, 2013
- The International Food Policy Research Institute has conducted this study to explore the challenges and opportunities climate change adaptation provides to institutional, organisational and human-capacity strengthening. The report see...
- Managing Price Risk in Local Food Reserves: Analysing the prospects for a stabilisation fund in Mali and Niger
- M. Alba; T. Serra; J. M. Gil / Oxfam, 2013
- Local food reserves can contribute to food security strategies and have the potential to empower communities. These collective initiatives are set up and owned by small-scale producers with the objective of increasing the availability...
- Réseau Ouest et Centre Africain de Recherche en Education / Educational Research Network for West and Central Africa (ROCARE / ERNWACA)
- Regional research network on education policy