Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Cereal market dynamics: the Malian experience from the 1990s to present.
- V. Kelly; A. Murekezi; N. Me-nsope / Food Security III Cooperative Agreement, Michigan State University, 2012
- This paper assesses the role that cereal markets could play in contributing to poverty reduction in both urban areas through reductions in food prices and rural areas through increases in farm incomes, focusing particularly on the Mal...
- Farmers’ production and marketing response to rice price increases and fertilizer subsidies in the Office Du Niger
- D. Mather; V. Kelly / Food Security III Cooperative Agreement, Michigan State University, 2012
- This paper aims to inform the debate about farmers’ response to the Rice Initiative (RI) in Mali and rising rice prices, comparing crop production and marketing before and after the price spikes and the introduction of the RI in...
- Trends in per capita food availability in West Africa, 1980-2009
- N.M. Me-Nsope; J.M. Staatz / Food Security III Cooperative Agreement, Michigan State University, 2013
- The goal of this paper is to provide evidence of shifts in food consumption patterns in the ECOWAS countries of West Africa from 1980 through 2009. The paper reveals a trend towards greater per capita calorie supplies for most ...
- Equality Path: planning and budgeting with a gender lens
- UN Women, 2012
- An increasing number of countries are introducing measures in their planning and budgeting processes to address more effectively the persisting inequalities between women and men and boys and girls in all sectors. This video features ...
- A systematic assessment of the current capacity to act in nutrition in West Africa: cross-country similarities and differences
- R. Sodjinou 2014
- Although it is widely accepted that lack of capacity is one of the barriers to scaling up nutrition in West Africa, there is a paucity of information about what capacities exist and the capacities that need to be developed to accelera...
- Gender Cafe: Gender Responsive Budgeting and Planning, a comparative perspective on Cameroon, Mali and Senegal
- In Cameroon, it is around a coffee and without taboo that partners and stakeholders discussed how to ensure gender responsive budgeting and planning (GRB/P) is put in place, and significantly contributes to building gender equality, n...
- Mali climate vulnerability mapping
- USA Agency for International Development, 2014
- This is a USAID climate vulnerability mapping study of Mali, including climate scenario projections for future regional, and overall, climate vulnerability. As part of the African and Latin American Resilience to Climate Change...
- Linking small holder agriculture to school food provision
- A. Gelli; K. Neeser; L. Drake / Home Grown School Feeding, 2010
- Home grown School Feeding (HGSF) in Sub-Saharan Africa is seen as a key tool in the transition towards nationally owned school feeding programmes. However, to support the transition from externally driven school feeding to HGSF, the P...
- Developing rations for Home Grown School Feeding
- R. Galloway / Home Grown School Feeding, 2010
- This paper discusses how to set the goals for school meal rations based on educational and nutrition outcomes. The paper points that school feeding programs do not significantly improve the nutritional status of school children unless...
- Home Grown School Feeding and social protection
- S. Devereux; R. Sabates-Wheeler; A.P. Martínez / Home Grown School Feeding, 2010
- This paper argues that Home Grown School Feeding (HGSF) programmes have great potential to deliver various social protection benefits, not only for schoolchildren and their families but also for food supplying farmers. The pape...
- Réseau Ouest et Centre Africain de Recherche en Education / Educational Research Network for West and Central Africa (ROCARE / ERNWACA)
- Regional research network on education policy