Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Assessing the evidence: opportunities and challenges of migration in building resilience against climate change in the Republic of Mauritius
- S. Sobhee / International Organization for Migration 2016
- The World Risk Report (UNU, 2015) ranks the Republic of Mauritius seventh among the 15 most exposed countries to natural hazards, namely sea-level rise, cyclones and floods; and thirteenth among 171 countries for its disaster risk. Ho...
- Using migration to develop resilience against climate change in Mauritius
- International Organization for Migration 2015
- Among the extreme weather occurrences in Mauritius, there are three that have directly impacted communities: tropical cyclones, flash floods and sea-level rise. Other related observed phenomena are droughts, landslides, forest...
- Chinese presence in real estate in South Africa and Mauritius
- H. Cowaloosur / Centre for Chinese Studies, University of Stellenbosch 2016
- China has recently taken the global community by surprise with a surging interest in overseas real estate investment. While United Kingdom (UK), United States of America (USA), Canada and Australia are the usual prized ...
- The implementation and impact of national qualifications frameworks: report of a study in 16 countries.
- S. Allias / International Labour Organization 2010
- This report aimed to produce empirical evidence and analysis of countries’ experiences of introducing qualifications framework as part of a strategy to achieve skills development and employment goals. A qualifications fra...
- Sexual and reproductive health and rights: Mauritius country fact sheet
- HIV prevalence in Mauritius has remained around 1% of the population since 2004 and the general HIV incidence rate has decreased since 2010. Given comparatively strong health indicators in areas of common focus in southern Africa...
- SADC investment perspectives in a changing international investment landscape
- H. Bezuidenhout / South African Institute of International Affairs 2015
- The global arena for foreign direct investment (FDI) has become much more fluid and complex in the five years from 2010 to 2015. The Southern African Development Community (SADC) as a region has shown exceptional growth but relatively...
- Aligning Africa’s maritime ambitions with broader Indian Ocean regionalism
- A. Benkenstein / South African Institute of International Affairs 2015
- As Blue Economy initiatives increase there is a risk that efforts will be duplicated and inefficiencies will creep into co-operation efforts. This paper argues that the AU’s “2050 Africa’s Integrated Maritime Strateg...
- Annotated bibliography on developmental states, political settlements and citizenship formation: towards increased state capacity and legitimacy?
- L. Routley / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2012
- Policymakers and academics agree that an effective state is the foundation for inclusive development, whilst also recognising the critical role of non-state actors in the delivery of goods and services to poor people. This compilation...
- The political dynamics of economic growth
- K. Sen / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2012
- This survey article is an assessment of what is known about the political determinants of economic growth, i.e. the role of political factors in explaining why some countries’ economies grow faster than others. The paper suggest...
- China in Africa: impacts and prospects for accountable development
- G. Mohan / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2012
- China is the major “new” player in Africa and impacts on development and politics in numerous ways. This paper shows that China impacts on African development in multiple ways that go well beyond aid. The paper sets out an...