Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Achieving Mexico's climate goals: an Eight Point Action Plan
- World Resources Institute, Washington DC 2016
- In recent years, Mexico has developed and implemented a range of policies and targets to address climate change, reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, and transition toward a low-carbon and climate-resilient society. These policies r...
- Health care facility climate change resiliency workshop
- Pan American Health Organization 2015
- In addition to their primary roles in treating illness and injuries, health care facilities provide a first line of defence in protecting individuals and communities from the impacts of climate change. However, recent events demonstra...
- Vulnerability indicators of adaptation to climate change and policy implications for investment projects
- Banco Interamericano de Desarrollo / Inter-American Development Bank (IADB) 2015
- Relevant and appropriate indicators for vulnerability at both the local levels are significant for effective adaptation to climate change. The paper reviews the literature of these indicators, and explores this issue using a s...
- From impunity to justice: exploring corporate and legal remedies for technology-related violence against women
- Association for Progressive Communications 2015
- This mini-website, launched in 2015, documents results of the "From impunity to justice" research undertaken by the Association for Progressive Communications (APC) in collaboration with seven country partners. The multi-countr...
- Cash transfer programmes, poverty reduction and empowerment of women: a comparative analysis
- E. Fultz; J. Francis / International Labour Organization 2013
- This working paper is a comparative analysis of selected cash transfer programmes (CTPs) from Brazil, Chile, India, Mexico and South Africa that aims to better understand how to increase the impact of CTPs on women’s poverty all...
- Competition Makes IT Better: Evidence on When Firms Use IT More Effectively
- L Iacovone; M Pereira-Lopez; M Schiffbauer / Latin American and Caribbean Economic Association 2015
- This study uses a firm-level data panel for Mexico, with information never used for research before, in order to assess how IT use influences firm performance. Further, we explore if, in the context of raising competition from China, ...
- Mexico: a moment of opportunity, increasing transparency and accountability in the extractive industries
- R. Moreno 2012
- Mexico’s oil and mining sectors are highly significant sources of economic development for the country with profound impact on the daily lives of the nation’s people. It is therefore crucial to have timely, comprehensive i...
- Social cash transfers and financial inclusion: evidence from four countries
- Consultative Group to Assist the Poorest 2012
- In a number of countries, two separate, but potentially complementary policy agendas have emerged in the past five years: governments have sought to increase the use of electronic means for government payments and to promote greater f...
- Implementing right to information: a case study of Mexico
- Y. Mizrahi; M. Mendiburu / World Bank 2012
- In June 2002, President Vicente Fox (2000?06) signed a landmark transparency bill into law. The adoption of the Access to Public Information and Transparency Law (Transparency Law) was a distinctive moment in Mexican politics. - See m...
- Financing agricultural value chains in Latin America: barriers and opportunities in Mexico, Peru and Honduras
- Banco Interamericano de Desarrollo / Inter-American Development Bank (IADB) 2014
- Small and medium commercial family farms in Latin America represent a large and important portion of the agricultural sector, with significant potential for catalyzing economic growth in the region. Despite this potential, small and m...