Mexico and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- MenCare in Latin America: challenging harmful masculine norms and promoting positive changes in men’s caregiving
- S. José Santos / Institute of Development Studies UK, 2015
- It is estimated that 80 per cent of men will become fathers during their lifetimes, making clear the importance of, and opportunity for, engaging men and boys in care giving. This study details the implementation and impact of ...
- The impact of daycare on maternal labor supply and child development in Mexico
- G. Angeles; P. Gadsden; S. Galiani / International Initiative for Impact Evaluation, 2012
- Female labour force participation and early childhood development are two key policy areas facing developing country governments. A number of countries have turned to either opening or subsidising day care to promote labour force part...
- Unaccompanied alien children: potential factors contributing to recent immigration
- Federation of American Scientists, 2014
- In southern Africa, the predicted 2°C rise in temperature will destabilise farming systems. Coping mechanisms, livelihood strategies and the cost of adaptation options for smallholder farmers are not sufficiently understood in the regio...
- Unaccompanied alien children: an overview
- L. Seghetti; A. Siskin; R.E. Wasem / Federation of American Scientists, 2014
- The number of unaccompanied alien children (UAC) arriving in the United States is straining the system put in place over the past decade to handle such cases. UAC are defined in statute as children who lack lawful immigration status i...
- A snapshot of world population trends, 2011
- B. Crossette (ed); R. Kollodge; A. Toure / United Nations Population Fund, 2011
- This report provides a snapshot of how a number of countries are facing diverse demographic challenges, ranging from ageing populations to high fertility rates, and from urbanisation to the emergence of new generations of young people...
- Which countries are preparing for old age?
- R. Jackson; N. Howe; K. Nakashima / Center for Strategic and International Studies, Washington, 2011
- The Global Aging Preparedness Index (or GAP Index) aims to provide a comprehensive assessment of the progress that countries are making in preparing for global ageing, and particularly the “old-age dependency” dimension of...
- Need for comprehensive support strategies for orphans: evidence from Indonesia and Mexico
- P Gertler / Haas School of Business, University of California Berkeley, 2004
- This paper investigates the effects of parental death and disability on investments in children's human capital using panel data sets from Indonesia and Mexico. The results in this analysis suggest that parental loss does, in fact, re...
- Regular and large cash transfers help improve children’s nutrition in Latin America and Africa
- D. Sridharm; A. Duffield / Save the Children Fund, 2006
- This paper, produced by Save the Children reviews eight cash transfer programmes in Latin America and Africa, and discusses the effectiveness of each in improving the nutritional status of children. It finds that cash transfers to tar...
- A commentary on the current state of global labour conditions
- A. Cavillo; A. de Regil / Jus Semper Global Alliance, 2007
- This article discusses how labour conditions have deteriorated over the last several decades leading to what the report calls ”modern slavery”. It argues that despite international organisations and conventions created by ...
- Enhancing physical and mental health through improved housing
- R. Titiunik; S. Martinez; P.J. Gertler; M.D. Cattaneo / Policy Research Working Papers, World Bank, 2007
- What is the causal impact of housing improvement programmes on health and welfare? This paper investigates the impact of a large-scale effort by the Mexican government to replace dirt floors with cement floors on child health and adul...