Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Global climate change impacts on Pacific Islands terrestrial biodiversity: a review
- S. Taylor; L. Kumar / Tropical Conservation Science 2016
- The islands of the Pacific region hold three of the 35 global biodiversity hotspots with large numbers of endemic species. Global climate change will exacerbate the challenges faced by the biodiversity of this region . In this review,...
- Kosrae Shoreline Management Plan: Repositioning for resilience
- The Pacific Adaptation to Climate Change Project in Kosrae, Federated States of Micronesia is climate proofing coastal roads with new hydraulic design features that take into account flooding risks from increased rainfall and sea leve...
- Pushed to the limit: Evidence of climate change-related loss and damage when people face constraints and limits to adaptation
- K. Warner; K. van der Geest; S. Kreft / United Nations University Institute for Environment and Human Security 2013
- Research report assessing climate change related loss and damage and evidence of subsequent societal impacts. Climate change related loss and damage undermines adaptation, and can impede progress in improving human well-being. ...
- The Micronesian exodus
- Pacific Institute of Public Policy 2010
- Micronesia has the highest per capita net emigration rate in the world. This paper provides an overview of the Micronesian migration experience, and shows that a range of public policies can shape a country’s experience with mig...
- Report on fieldwork from around the world documenting loss and damage due to climate change
- K. Warner; K. van der Geest; S. Kreft / United Nations University Institute for Environment and Human Security 2012
- This study presents empirical findings from fieldwork around the world examining loss and damage caused by global warming. The report begins by defining and contextualising the emerging discourse on assessing, quantifying and reacting...
- Legal frameworks for ecosystem-based adaptation to climate change in the Pacific islands
- B. Boer / Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme 2012
- This report analyses the legal aspects of ecosystem-based adaptation to climate change focusing on the Pacific island countries. It underscores that ecosystem-based adaptation can provide cost-effective strategies for reducing vulnera...
- Adapting to climate change in the world’s drylands
- J. E. Hay / International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (ISDR) 2012
- Disaster risk reduction (DRR) and climate change adaptation (CCA) both share a common focus: reducing the vulnerability of communities and contributing to sustainable development. This study provides an analysis of the current level o...
- Examining the factors contributing to food security and climate change in the Pacific
- M. Ahmed (ed); J. MacLean (ed); M.A. Sombilla. (ed) / Asian Development Bank 2011
- The Pacific island governments view climate change as a priority issue, especially in terms of its potential impacts on food security, but need clear directions in addressing both issues. Their agricultural production until the mid-19...
- Improving the effectiveness of social spending in Pacific countries in light of the economic crisis
- S. Feeny / Oxfam Australia 2010
- Whilst at a macroeconomic level, the Global Economic Crisis (GEC) has had less impact on many Pacific countries than on most other developing countries, impacts from the GEC are ongoing and vary greatly across Pacific countr...
- Infrastructure is vital for pro-poor growth in East Asia
- Mark Baird; Rita Nangia; Yasuo Fujita / id21 Development Research Reporting Service 2007
- East Asian states have made impressive progress with economic growth and poverty reduction. However, some are struggling to meet demand for roads, water, communications, and power. Private investment in infrastructure is slow, especia...