Moldova and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Examining worldwide practices of youth social entrepreneurship
- S. Maak / Child Rights Information Network, 2007
- The term “social entrepreneurship” has emerged as a recognisable field in development work with young people. This growing interest began in the 1980s with the emergence of two schools of practice that aimed to invest in y...
- Information on young migrants
- United Nations Population Fund, 2006
- Why do young people move? Who are they? This report explores the lives of young migrants from or those whose lives are marked by the experiences of spouses or relatives who have moved abroad. The authors hope that by listen...
- Preventing child trafficking in South Eastern Europe
- United Nations Children's Fund, 2006
- The focus of Governments and NGO's in South Eastern Europe in tackling trafficking in women and children is on strengthening law and law enforcement. However, these strategies are shown to have had a limited impact. An assessment of e...
- Child poverty status in South-Eastern Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States (SEE/CIS)
- UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre, 2006
- This study examines child poverty in the 20 countries of South-Eastern Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States (SEE/CIS). It is designed to stimulate effective policy responses and action in these countries towards the decis...
- Poverty and lack of anti-trafficking policy make Moldova the largest supplier of human cargo in Europe
- Institute for Public Policy,, Moldova Republic, 2004
- This paper analyses the problem of child trafficking from Moldova for the purpose of labour or sexual exploitation. According to the authors, the problem is a serious one, with up to 5000 cases of child trafficking each year. The chil...
- Building effective youth policy in South Eastern Europe
- G. La Cava; P. Lytle; K. Kolev; C. Clert / World Bank, 2004
- This paper looks at the situation of youth in South Eastern Europe (SEE). It asks the following questions: How are young people at risk? What are the economic and social implications of these risks? How are youth disadvantaged in the ...