Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Montserrat climate change issues paper: towards the formulation of a national climate change (adaptation) policy and action plan
- G. Gray / Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre 2010
- Subsequent to the eruption of the Sufiere Hills volcano, Montserrat's socio-economic realities have been radically transformed. Added to the immediate risks are the long term risks associated with climate change. This paper identifies...
- Transforming to a climate-resilient and low carbon economy: Monserrat's climate change policy (draft)
- Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre 2011
- The policy described in this report forms part of a cross-territorial project involving other British Overeseas Territories. The ECACC project has provided funding for monitoring, conducting vulnerability and capacity assessments, dev...
- Climate change and the macroeconomy in the Caribbean basin: analysis and projections to 2099
- United Nations [UN] Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean 2010
- In this study, an attempt is made to assess the economic impact of climate change on nine countries in the Caribbean basin: Aruba, Barbados, Dominican Republic, Guyana, Jamaica, Montserrat, Netherlands Antilles, Saint Lucia and Trinid...
- The impact of climate change on the tourism sector in selected Caribbean countries
- S. Sookram / United Nations [UN] Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean 2008
- Tourism is an important source of economic growth in the Caribbean and one of the most important industrial sectors for some countries in the subregion. The purpose of this study is to estimate the economic impact of climate change on...
- Building and maintaining healthy and viable island communities
- id21 Development Research Reporting Service 2007
- Island communities display rich and diverse cultures, languages, societies, histories, governance forms and livelihoods. Yet island characteristics such as isolation, restricted land area and limited domestic land-based resources brin...
- The complex socio-political relations that have developed on the volcanically uncertain island of Montserrat
- K. Haynes / Emergency Management Australia 2006
- This paper explores the complex socio-political relations which developed on a volcanically uncertain island and which continue to create difficult emergency management challenges by a complex set of economic and political relati...