Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Illicit financial flows estimating trade mispricing and trade-based money laundering for five African countries
- K. Nicolaou-Manias; Y. Wu / Global Economic Governance Africa 2016
- Illicit financial flows (IFFs) are garnered through the proceeds of illicit trade, trade mispricing, transfer pricing and other forms of organised profit-motivated crime. This paper focuses on the commercial tax evasion component of i...
- Assessing the evidence: migration, environment and climate change in Morocco
- J. Tangermann; H.A. Bennani / International Organization for Migration 2016
- On one hand, environmental and climatic factors account for migration to Morocco from sub-Saharan and movements out of and within the country, especially to the major coastal cities; and on the other hand, they also put further pressu...
- Rapping feminism, rapping the family: hip hop, the Mudawwana, and the monarchy in Morocco
- C. J. Brege / University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Library 2015
- Feminisms can be expressed in many forms, in a variety of complex sub-cultural systems that are full of synergies and contradictions. One such arena is music. In this paper, Casey Jo Brege examines the types of feminism expressed...
- Empowering drylands women
- Drylands Development Centre, UNDP 2014
- The Integrated Drylands Development Programme (IDDP) is a global UNDP initiative to promote sustainable development in the drylands, and advance the implementation of the UN Convention to Combat Desertification. This topic brief highl...
- Implementing energy subsidy reforms: evidence from developing countries
- M. Vagliasindi / World Bank 2013
- This report aims to provide the emerging lessons from a representative sample of 20 country case studies that could help policy makers to address implementation challenges, including overcoming political economy and affordability cons...
- Pension reform: Securing Morocco’s elderly
- N. El Mekkaoui de Freitas / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2015
- In the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), large groups of the population are not covered by social security programs. Access to health, education and a pension are essential to the well-being of the individual and contributes to the...
- Cost assessment of environmental degradation in the Middle East and North Africa region – selected issues
- B. Larsen / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2011
- This paper estimates the cost of inadequate potable water, sanitation and hygiene, outdoor air pollution, and cropland degradation in 16 countries of the Arab League. The paper pointes that the 16 countries under study represent great...
- Income level and environmental quality in the MENA countries: discussing the environmental Kuznets curve hypothesis
- H. M'henni; M.E.H. Arouri; A.B. Youssef / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2011
- The relationship between environmental quality and economic growth is puzzling. This paper illustrates that according to the Environmental Kuznets Curve (EKC) hypothesis, as income increases, emissions increase as well until some thre...
- Climate change policy in the MENA region: prospects, challenges, and the implication of market instruments
- M.H. Babiker; M.A. Fehaid / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2011
- Given its harsh climate and fragile ecosystems, the MENA region is vulnerable to the physical impacts of climate change; yet, given its high dependency on hydrocarbon resources, the region is also vulnerable to the impacts of climate ...
- Firm level data in the ERF region: research questions, data requirements and possibilities
- I. Atiyas / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2011
- This paper presents an overview of research that is done on the basis of firm-level data, to provide some thoughts on what sort of research questions would be fruitful for the ERF region (Arab countries, Iran and Turkey) to address. ...