Morocco and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Confidence, capacity, connections: a young woman's guide to leadership
- G Borovsky; S Cherrabi El Alaoui; M Doherty / National Democratic Institute, 2010
- Civic and political engagement can be a daunting challenge, particularly for young women. This guide is designed for a wide range of young women, be they a member of an established organisation or association, an aspiring politician, ...
- Sustainable financial and non-financial services for the youth in Morocco
- S. Conklin / Small Enterprise Education and Promotion Network, 2008
- Unemployment of young people in Morocco is estimated as high as 17.6 percent (34.2 percent in urban areas and 6.2 in rural areas). Approximately one million Moroccan youth between 15 and 24 years of age live on less than $1 a day. The...
- The socio-political impact of delayed marriage for Middle Eastern youths
- D. Singerman / Middle East Youth Initiative, 2007
- Demographic transition in the Middle East and North African region has led to what has been termed a ‘youth bulge’, with over 50% of the population being under 25. With co-habitation legally and culturally unacceptabl...
- Progress in implementing the Convention on the Rights of the Child in North Africa
- International Bureau for Children’s Rights, 2007
- This report analyses progress in implementing the Convention on the Rights of the Child in five countries of North Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco and Tunisia. The report highlights that there have been significant a...
- Children and women domestic workers’ experiences of abuse and how governments can address them
- J. Sunderland; N. Varia / Human Rights Watch, 2006
- Abuses of children and women domestic workers - many of them migrant workers - are widespread, but increased awareness of the problem has not yet resulted in concerted government action to address it. Based on interviews with hundreds...
- The situation of girl child domestic labourers in Morocco
- Human Rights Watch, 2005
- This report looks at child labour by girls under age eighteen in Morocco who perform household tasks while living with their employers. The authors place special emphasis on the treatment of girls under fifteen in this report because ...
- What factors contribute to the high rates of unemployment among MENA youth?
- N. Kabbani; E. Kothari / World Bank, 2005
- This paper investigates the youth labour market in the Middle East North Africa (MENA) region in order to identify factors contributing to the persistently high rates of unemployment and joblessness among MENA youth. The author...
- A review of law and policy on corporal punishment of children in the Middle East and North Africa
- Global Initiative to End All Corporal Punishment of Children, 2005
- This report reviews law and policy in relation to corporal punishment and deliberate humiliation of children in each state in the Middle East and North Africa. The human rights imperative to end all corporal punishment is discussed, t...
- Child labour, education, and access to water and electricity: El Salvador, Ghana, Guatemala, Morocco and Yemen
- L. Guarcello; S. Lyon; F. Rosati / Understanding Children’s Work (UCW) Programme, 2004
- Analyses of the determinants of child labour have largely neglected the role of access to basic services. The availability of these services can affect the value of childrens time and, concomitantly, household decisions concerni...
- Reproductive health status of youth in Asia and the Near East
- K. Hardee; P. Pine; L. Taggart Wasson / Policy Project, Futures Group, Washington, 2004
- This paper presents the findings of a series of assessments of adolescent and youth reproductive health conducted by the Policy Project in 13 countries in the Asia and Near East (ANE) region. The countries include Egypt, Jordan, Moroc...