Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Adaptation Learning Programme for Africa: ALP results, outcomes and impacts report, January 2010 to June 2015
- CARE International 2015
- This report presents an overview of the outcomes and learning generated from the Adaptation Learning Programme for Africa (ALP) over five and a half years of implementation (2010-2015). It presents the perspectives of the ALP teams an...
- The East African energy frontier, a decade on
- A. Hayman / South African Institute of International Affairs 2016
- The East Africa region has seen some of the decade s largest natural gas and energy finds. However, despite their magnitude, these discoveries have yet to fulfil the promise of social and economic progress. With some sig...
- The Mozambique Development Programme, 2012-15, of Norwegian People's aid: final evaluation
- E. Braathen / Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation - NORAD 2016
- Background The NPA programme in Mozambique, with funding from Norad supports civil society organization engaged on issues related to Natural Resource Management , and in particular on redistribution of resources and l...
- Becoming a climate-resilient green economy: planning for climate compatible development in Ethiopia
- R. Redda; R. Roland / Climate and Development Knowledge Network 2016
- Ethiopia has emerged as one of Africas champions in responding to the implications of climate change. This is demonstrated by the strong commitment shown by the countrys political leadership on the issues. Much of ...
- Climate resilient development: experience from an African capacity development programme
- The African Ministers' Council on Water 2016
- This learning brief presents insights and lessons learned from a capacity development programme on water security and climate resilient development covering eight countries in Africa Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Ghana, Moza...
- Planning for peace: Lessons from Mozambique's peacebuilding
- L. Reppell; J. Rozen; G. de Carvalho / Institute for Security Studies 2016
- In the more than two decades since Mozambique'??s civil war ended and its first multiparty elections were held, the country still faces persistent social, political, economical and developmental challenges. What have been some of the ...
- Participation and planning for climate change – Lessons from an experimental project in Maputo, Mozambique
- V. Castán Broto / Department of Agricultural and Food Economics, University of Reading 2015
- Mozambique is highly vulnerable to natural disasters, in particular those of hydro-meteorological origin such as floods, drought and cyclones. Increases in both temperature and average precipitation due to climate change will exacerba...
- Programa Geração Biz, Mozambique: how did this adolescent health initiative grow from a pilot to a national programme, and what did it achieve?
- Adolescent sexual and reproductive health gained particular traction in Mozambique following the 1994 International Conference on Population and Development leading to the inception of Programa Geração Biz (PGB),...
- Multisectoral responses to gender-based violence in Mozambique
- Pathfinder International 2015
- Gender-based violence (GBV) is both pervasive and widely accepted in Mozambique. The complex and multifaceted structural and sociocultural factors that underlie and reinforce GBV warrant a strong multi-level and multisectoral ...
- Gender sensitive climate vulnerability and capacity analysis
- CARE USA 2014
- The GCVCA practitioners guidebook provides a framework for analysing vulnerability and capacity to adapt to climate change and build resilience to disasters at the community level, with a particular focus on social and in particular g...
- Instituto de Estudos Sociais e Económicos (IESE) (IESE)
- IESE is an independent Mozambican nonprofit organisation, which conducts and promotes interdisciplinary scientific research on problems of social and economic development in Mozambique and Southern Africa. Website is in Portuguese.