Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Planning for peace: Lessons from Mozambique's peacebuilding
- L. Reppell; J. Rozen; G. de Carvalho / Institute for Security Studies 2016
- In the more than two decades since Mozambique'??s civil war ended and its first multiparty elections were held, the country still faces persistent social, political, economical and developmental challenges. What have been some of the ...
- Participation and planning for climate change – Lessons from an experimental project in Maputo, Mozambique
- V. Castán Broto / Department of Agricultural and Food Economics, University of Reading 2015
- Mozambique is highly vulnerable to natural disasters, in particular those of hydro-meteorological origin such as floods, drought and cyclones. Increases in both temperature and average precipitation due to climate change will exacerba...
- Programa Geração Biz, Mozambique: how did this adolescent health initiative grow from a pilot to a national programme, and what did it achieve?
- Adolescent sexual and reproductive health gained particular traction in Mozambique following the 1994 International Conference on Population and Development leading to the inception of Programa Geração Biz (PGB),...
- Multisectoral responses to gender-based violence in Mozambique
- Pathfinder International 2015
- Gender-based violence (GBV) is both pervasive and widely accepted in Mozambique. The complex and multifaceted structural and sociocultural factors that underlie and reinforce GBV warrant a strong multi-level and multisectoral ...
- Gender sensitive climate vulnerability and capacity analysis
- CARE USA 2014
- The GCVCA practitioners guidebook provides a framework for analysing vulnerability and capacity to adapt to climate change and build resilience to disasters at the community level, with a particular focus on social and in particular g...
- Report ALP final evaluation final
- CARE International 2015
- This report summarises five and a half years of ALP’s work in Community Based Adaptation practice, learning and advocacy in Ghana, Kenya, Mozambique and Niger and outreach across Africa. It demonstrates the programme outcomes an...
- Gender equality as a pathway for sustainable development: lessons learned in Eastern and Southern Africa
- A. Torkelsson; F. Ciribello; M. Westman / Center for International Forestry Research 2015
- In order to advance sustainable development in line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), it is necessary to address cross-cutting issues on gender, environment, and climate change simultaneously. Despite this, a key cha...
- The timing of agricultural production in hazard-prone areas to prevent losses at peak- risk periods: a case of Malawi, Madagascar and Mozambique
- L. Kruger / African Centre for Disaster Studies 2016
- Hazard-prone areas in southern Africa experience many natural hazards, which include cyclones, floods and droughts. The severe climatic conditions of southern Africa have an especially large impact on the agricultural practices of sma...
- Capacity building in higher education in Mozambique and the role played by co-operating foreign agencies: the case of the World Bank
- A.G. Chilundo / UNESDOC: Online UNESCO documents 2006
- The major goal of this paper is to throw light on and share the Mozambican experience of designing higher education projects for submission to international partners in the request for funding. Drawing from Mozambique’s experien...
- Rebuilding health systems in conflict-affected states: Mozambique
- ReBUILD Consortium 2015
- Mozambique health system reconstruction supports the conclusion that the reconstruction of health systems is mainly “gender blind”. Policy-makers in Mozambique have not adequately considered the role of gender in contribut...
- Instituto de Estudos Sociais e Económicos (IESE) (IESE)
- IESE is an independent Mozambican nonprofit organisation, which conducts and promotes interdisciplinary scientific research on problems of social and economic development in Mozambique and Southern Africa. Website is in Portuguese.