Mozambique and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- HIV-related discrimination among grade six Students in nine Southern African countries
- B. Maughan-Brown; N. Spaull / PLoS ONE, 2014
- HIV-related stigmatisation and discrimination by young children towards their peers have important consequences at the individual level and for our response to the epidemic, yet research on this area is limited. This study exam...
- Assessment of crime and violence in Mozambique and recommendations for violence prevention and reduction
- Open Society Initiative for Southern Africa, 2012
- Mozambique also suffers from country specific crime challenges. For example, levels are burglary and livestock theft are ranked highest in all of Africa with 13% and 19% of respondents respectively reporting victimisation. While prope...
- Youth and adult learning and education in southern africa: overview of a five nation study
- J. Aitchison / Open Society Initiative for Southern Africa, 2012
- Many countries in southern Africa are facing a critical and growing challenge – how to provide an education that meets the socio-economic needs of their bulging youth populations. Primary school drop-out rates remain high across...
- Youth and adult learning and education in Mozambique
- R. Luis / Open Society Initiative for Southern Africa, 2012
- There is a growing international consensus that basic education that includes life skills for young people and older adults provides an essential tool to encourage participation in democracy and in the economy. Both of these outcomes ...
- A snapshot of world population trends, 2011
- B. Crossette (ed); R. Kollodge; A. Toure / United Nations Population Fund, 2011
- This report provides a snapshot of how a number of countries are facing diverse demographic challenges, ranging from ageing populations to high fertility rates, and from urbanisation to the emergence of new generations of young people...
- Norwegian and Swedish child rights support in Mozambique
- K. Halvorsen (ed); C. Rosario (ed); M. Tuominen (ed) / Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency, 2011
- Marking the 20th anniversary of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC), the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (Norad) and Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) commissioned a jo...
- Norwegian and Swedish agencies should cooperate more to promote child rights in Guatemala, Kenya, Mozambique and Sudan
- A. Tostensen; H. Stokke; S. Trygged / Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation - NORAD, 2011
- Guatemala, Kenya, Mozambique and Sudan have ratified the Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) and are bound to take legislative, policy, and administrative action to honour their legal obligations. This report synthesises the f...
- How effectively do National Plans of Action address the needs of the youngest orphans and vulnerable children?
- P. Engle / Bernard van Leer Foundation, 2008
- Although it is recognised that the focus of support must be on all children made vulnerable by HIV and AIDS, including those living with sick parents or in extreme poverty, the youngest are often invisible to programme planners, despi...
- A policy guide to ending girl child marriage
- International Center for Research on Women, USA, 2007
- Girls who marry as children (younger than 18 years of age) are often more susceptible to the health risks associated with early sexual initiation and childbearing, including HIV and obstetric fistula. Lacking status and power, these g...
- Manual to run programmes that empower orphans and vulnerable children living in a world with HIV and AIDS
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, 2007
- This training manual from the Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) and the World Food Programme (WFP) details how to set up and run a Junior Farmer Field and Life Schools (JFFLS) programme. The programmes are designed to empower o...