Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- IPCS Forecast 2016: cardinal transitions, red herrings, shrinking spaces
- Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies, India 2016
- The Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies (IPCS) Forecast 2016 is a collection of writings on the near-term trajectories of a wide range of geographic and thematic issues covering Asia, the United States and Nuclear power and energy...
- A case for gender-responsive budgeting in Myanmar
- J. Burnley / Oxfam 2016
- It is widely recognised that the effects of climate change on water and land resources can disproportionately affect women in development issues. A country’s budget can be a powerful lever for social transformation. A bud...
- Evidence and gaps in evidence on the principle political economy constraints and opportunities to successful investment in inclusive agribusiness in Asia
- J.G. Kydd / Evidence on Demand 2016
- This report pays particular reference to Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Kyrgyz Republic, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan and Tajikistan. The purpose is to inform a more detailed call down piece of work for DFID to scope the potential establishment...
- Priority assignments for economic development of Myanmar
- Dongho Jo; Kyungryang Kim; Yongseok Choi / Korea Development Institute 2012
- Among various factors of production, labor is the most important factor for economic development. Capital, itself, cannot function without labour, and technological progress is achieved through the efforts of human beings. So, while a...
- Myanmar development strategy
- Korea Development Institute 2013
- The objective of the research is to promote financial integration in Myanmar and the member countries of ASEAN (Association of South East Asian Nation). To this end, the research introduces experiences of Korea in developing its econo...
- Improving water management in Myanmar’s dry zone for food security, livelihoods and health
- This reports suggests key findings under topic areas, including: Managing water variability is key to improving livelihoods in the dry zone Reduced rainfall is making rainfed farming more difficult but remains ...
- The current state of climate change perceptions and policies in Myanmar
- J. McKinley; C. Adaro / Climate Change Agriculture Food Security 2015
- Constructed to assess the current perceptions and policies regarding the complexity of climate change adaptation in Myanmar this research is comprised of a country report outlining current policies relating to climate change...
- Social and gender equity issues in forestry and REDD+ in Myanmar
- B. Upadhyay; C. Shekhar Silori; M. Than; R. Arpornsilp / The Centre for People and Forests 2015
- This discussion paper captures the panel’s reflections on Myanmar’s current state of gender considerations and the policy environment in the forestry sector and, based on lessons learned, offers recommendations to improve ...
- Output 4 Options Analysis: options analysis for a regional climate change programme to deliver more effective climate services, early warning and disaster risk reduction
- S. Wade; S. Lester / Evidence on Demand 2015
- South Asian countries are particularly vulnerable to extreme weather events, climate variability and longer-term climatic changes due to high population density, poverty, and lack of resources for adaptation. This report provid...
- Visions, voices and priorities of young people living with and most affected by HIV
- L. Orza; T. Crone; A. Basmajian / International HIV/AIDS Alliance 2015
- This report shares perspectives and insights from young people from around the world living with and affected by HIV, who share their visions for realising and claiming their sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) and for se...