Myanmar and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Child labor in Myanmar’s garment sector challenges and recommendations
- Business for Social Responsibility 2016
- Buyers and investors are back in Yangon looking for opportunities, attracted in part by the countrys low labour costs. However, Myanmar has spent over a decade cut off from Western markets and the compliance culture that...
- Visions, voices and priorities of young people living with and most affected by HIV
- L. Orza; T. Crone; A. Basmajian / International HIV/AIDS Alliance 2015
- This report shares perspectives and insights from young people from around the world living with and affected by HIV, who share their visions for realising and claiming their sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) and for se...
- To what extent are children affected by armed conflict in Myanmar?
- Watchlist/Watchlist on Children and Armed Conflict 2009
- This report draws attention to the suffering of children in Myanmar due to the political and socioeconomic turmoil and the ensuing armed conflict. For decades Myanmar Armed Forces and associated armed groups have engaged in low-level ...
- Children in armed conflict: current trends and concerns
- Reliefweb 2007
- This document is the annual report from the Secretary-General. It details progress in the implementation of SC Resolution 1612 – ending the recruitment and use of children in armed conflict and its monitoring and reporting mecha...
- Exploitation of young migrant workers in Thailand
- E. Pearson; S. Punpuing; A. Jampaklay / Human Trafficking 2006
- Thailand has emerged as the number one destination in cross-border trafficking of children and women. Many children and young women from Myanmar, Cambodia and Lao PDR migrate to Thailand in search of better life. Often their journey l...
- Impact of migration on children
- J. Bryant / UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre 2005
- This paper looks at problems and opportunities faced by three groups of children affected by international migration: children left behind by international labour migrants from the Philippines, Indonesia, and Thailand ...
- The problem of child soldiers: listening to young combatants in East Asia
- id21 Development Research Reporting Service 2002
- One in four of the worlds estimated 300 000 child soldiers are currently serving in the East Asia and Pacific region. What is the family background of children involved with armed groups? How did they become child soldiers? What...
- Making the distinction between trafficking and the worst forms of child labour in Thailand
- International Labour Organization 2001
- This paper aims to shed new light on a range of aspects of the trafficking of children and subsequently the exploitation of children into the worst forms of child labour in Thailand. A desk review of the available research from...
- Recommendations to empower migrant children and youth in the Mekong sub-region
- T. M. Caouette / Save the Children Fund 2001
- This report provides an awareness of the realities and perspectives among migrant children, youth and their communities, as a means of building respect and partnerships to address their vulnerabilities to exploitation and abusive envi...
- Burma state army is world's worst offender of child soldier recruitment
- K.. Heppner / Human Rights Watch 2002
- This report is based on research conducted by Human Rights Watch in Thailand and border areas of Burma between February and July 2002. During the course of the investigation, Human Rights Watch researchers conducted interviews with cu...