Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- State of climate information products and services for agriculture and food security in Myanmar
- R.R. Policarpio; M. Sheinkman / Climate Change Agriculture Food Security 2015
- The increasing variability of seasonal climate and increasing frequency and intensity of extreme weather events that are expected to accompany climate change will impact agricultural production and food security in Southeast A...
- Accelerating threats from climate change: disasters and displacement in Myanmar
- Refugees International 2016
- In the summer of 2015, Myanmar experienced massive floods and associated landslides that affected nine million people. Since then, the country has seen dramatic political change, while confronting a litany of ongoing humanitarian cris...
- Local actions: solutions to global challenges - initiatives of indigenous peoples in climate change adaptation and Disaster Risk Reduction based on traditional knowledge
- Asia Indigenous Peoples Pact 2016
- While governments around the world continue to debate about policies and practices to address climate change solutions, they pay little attention to the situation of indigenous peoples who are among those most affected by clim...
- Asia report on climate change and indigenous people
- J. Carling; J. Carino; L.N. Sherpa / Asia Indigenous Peoples Pact 2016
- The impacts of climate change are severe for at least 260 million indigenous peoples in Asia. The effects of warming temperature, extreme weather events, unpredictable seasons and sea level rise include loss of lives and prope...
- Community-based social protection in the dry zone
- J. Leehey / HelpAge International 2016
- HelpAge International (Myanmar Country Office), with funding from LIFT donor consortium, has embarked on a three-year project to expand social protection to vulnerable households in Myanmars central dry zone. The project seeks t...
- Enhancing India-Myanmar border trade: policy and implementation measures
- R.U. Das / Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2016
- India and Myanmar are geographically proximate countries with strong historical, cultural and economic linkages. With recent economic dynamism and changes in their respective political regimes, the overall bilateral relations between ...
- Political Gender Quotas: Key debates and values for Myanmar | Oxfam GB | Policy & Practice
- Alyson Brody; J. Burnley; Poe Ei Phyu / Oxfam 2016
- Women are increasingly visible in politics around the world but there is still a yawning gap in their political representation compared with men. In Myanmar, gender inequality and womenâ??s rights are major challenges across eco...
- Strengthening public pension systems in Asia: Proceedings of the 2015 ADB—PPI conference on public pension systems
- Asian Development Bank 2016
- While Asia remains a key driver of global economic growth, the outlook for the region anticipates slow marginal growth for 2015 before rebounding in 2016 and remaining stronger for the next 2 years. Indias growth and the...
- IPCS Forecast 2016: cardinal transitions, red herrings, shrinking spaces
- Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies, India 2016
- The Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies (IPCS) Forecast 2016 is a collection of writings on the near-term trajectories of a wide range of geographic and thematic issues covering Asia, the United States and Nuclear power and energy...
- A case for gender-responsive budgeting in Myanmar
- J. Burnley / Oxfam 2016
- It is widely recognised that the effects of climate change on water and land resources can disproportionately affect women in development issues. A country’s budget can be a powerful lever for social transformation. A bud...