Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Community-based social protection in the dry zone
- J. Leehey / HelpAge International 2016
- HelpAge International (Myanmar Country Office), with funding from LIFT donor consortium, has embarked on a three-year project to expand social protection to vulnerable households in Myanmars central dry zone. The project seeks t...
- Enhancing India-Myanmar border trade: policy and implementation measures
- R.U. Das / Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2016
- India and Myanmar are geographically proximate countries with strong historical, cultural and economic linkages. With recent economic dynamism and changes in their respective political regimes, the overall bilateral relations between ...
- Political Gender Quotas: Key debates and values for Myanmar | Oxfam GB | Policy & Practice
- Alyson Brody; J. Burnley; Poe Ei Phyu / Oxfam 2016
- Women are increasingly visible in politics around the world but there is still a yawning gap in their political representation compared with men. In Myanmar, gender inequality and womenâ??s rights are major challenges across eco...
- Strengthening public pension systems in Asia: Proceedings of the 2015 ADB—PPI conference on public pension systems
- Asian Development Bank 2016
- While Asia remains a key driver of global economic growth, the outlook for the region anticipates slow marginal growth for 2015 before rebounding in 2016 and remaining stronger for the next 2 years. Indias growth and the...
- IPCS Forecast 2016: cardinal transitions, red herrings, shrinking spaces
- Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies, India 2016
- The Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies (IPCS) Forecast 2016 is a collection of writings on the near-term trajectories of a wide range of geographic and thematic issues covering Asia, the United States and Nuclear power and energy...
- A case for gender-responsive budgeting in Myanmar
- J. Burnley / Oxfam 2016
- It is widely recognised that the effects of climate change on water and land resources can disproportionately affect women in development issues. A country’s budget can be a powerful lever for social transformation. A bud...
- Evidence and gaps in evidence on the principle political economy constraints and opportunities to successful investment in inclusive agribusiness in Asia
- J.G. Kydd / Evidence on Demand 2016
- This report pays particular reference to Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Kyrgyz Republic, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan and Tajikistan. The purpose is to inform a more detailed call down piece of work for DFID to scope the potential establishment...
- Priority assignments for economic development of Myanmar
- Dongho Jo; Kyungryang Kim; Yongseok Choi / Korea Development Institute 2012
- Among various factors of production, labor is the most important factor for economic development. Capital, itself, cannot function without labour, and technological progress is achieved through the efforts of human beings. So, while a...
- Myanmar development strategy
- Korea Development Institute 2013
- The objective of the research is to promote financial integration in Myanmar and the member countries of ASEAN (Association of South East Asian Nation). To this end, the research introduces experiences of Korea in developing its econo...
- Improving water management in Myanmar’s dry zone for food security, livelihoods and health
- This reports suggests key findings under topic areas, including: Managing water variability is key to improving livelihoods in the dry zone Reduced rainfall is making rainfed farming more difficult but remains ...