Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Pacific Climate Change Finance Assessment: Nauru Case Study
- Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat 2013
- The purpose of this climate change finance assessment is to assist the Government of Nauru in making informed decisions on measures to improve access to and management of climate change resources. The Nauru Case Study draws tog...
- Policies to address food security in small island economies in the Caribbean and the Pacific
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations 2005
- This paper presented to a special FAO ministerial session in 2005 outlines policies for food security in Small Island Developing States (SIDS) based around three main criteria: food availability depends on domest...
- Time for Transparency: Coming clean on oil, mining and gas revenues
- Global Witness / id21 Development Research Reporting Service 2004
- Across the globe money that should be funding development is being misappropriated by corrupt elites. In Angola a quarter of the states annual oil income goes missing. In many resources rich countries, mining and energy companie...
- How can the transparency of natural resource revenues be enhanced?
- Global Witness 2004
- This report explores how, across the world, the revenues from oil, gas and mining that should be funding sustainable economic development have often been misappropriated and mismanaged. Specifically, it analyses five major examples of...
- Elementary science teaching in the Pacific: national, regional or imported models?
- Neil Taylor; Barend Vlaardingerbroek / id21 Development Research Reporting Service 2002
- Many of the Pacifics myriad microstates hope to emulate the high-tech success of similarly resource-poor Taiwan. Are their elementary school students getting the grounding in science to enable them to go on to achieve national d...
- A survey on the development and use of the Internet
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization 2002
- This survey covers Internet infrastructure issues as well as the use of Internet for e-Governance. Special attention is paid to barriers preventing access to the Internet as well as to national development plans for the use of the Int...