Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Local perspectives on climate change: participatory video in Somotillo, Nicaragua
- M. Koningstein; S. Azadegan / Climate Change Agriculture Food Security 2015
- Participatory Video is a methodology premised on particular attitudes and behaviors that value collective and consensual decision-making and equalized power relations, seeking local solutions to local problems, through coming together...
- Demand versus returns? Pro-poor targeting of business grants and vocational skills training
- K. Macours; P. Premand; R. Vakis / World Bank 2013
- This paper details an unusual experiment with very high take-up of business grants and vocational skills training, randomly assigned among nearly all households in selected poor rural communities in Nicaragua. On average, the interven...
- Resilience in Nicaragua: Impact evaluation of climate change adaptation among small scale producers
- D. Bishop; R. Fuller / Oxfam 2015
- This project aimed to improve small producers’ understanding of and ability to adapt to climate change, especially by providing training and inputs to improve seed selection, grain storage and livestock management, and to encour...
- MenCare in Latin America: challenging harmful masculine norms and promoting positive changes in men’s caregiving
- S. José Santos / Institute of Development Studies UK 2015
- It is estimated that 80 per cent of men will become fathers during their lifetimes, making clear the importance of, and opportunity for, engaging men and boys in care giving. This study details the implementation and impact of ...
- MenCare in the public health sector in Central America: engaging health providers to reach men for gender equality in maternal, sexual, and reproductive health
- Promundo 2015
- Of all the topics discussed in engaging men in gender equality, the issue of men and caregiving, including men’s involvement in maternal, newborn, and child health (MNCH), remains absent and underexplored. Yet, to achieve greate...
- Annotated bibliography on developmental states, political settlements and citizenship formation: towards increased state capacity and legitimacy?
- L. Routley / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2012
- Policymakers and academics agree that an effective state is the foundation for inclusive development, whilst also recognising the critical role of non-state actors in the delivery of goods and services to poor people. This compilation...
- Assessing long-term impacts of conditional cash transfers on children and young adults in rural Nicaragua
- International Initiative for Impact Evaluation 2014
- Conditional cash transfer (CCT) programmes, which offer families cash grants conditional on attendance at school or preventive health visits, have expanded rapidly over the past decade. Although there is substantial evidence of their ...
- The political economy of public sector employment in resource dependent countries
- O. Ali; I. Elbadawi / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2012
- This paper proposes a political economic explanation for the well documented difference in labour market institutions between high natural resource per capita countries and those that are natural resource dependent but whose populatio...
- Exploring gender perceptions of resource ownership and their implications for food security among rural livestock owners in Tanzania, Ethiopia, and Nicaragua
- A. Galiè; A. Mulema; M., A. Benard 2015
- Productive resources are essential to the livelihoods and food security of the world’s rural poor. Gender-equal ownership of resources is considered key to increasing agricultural productivity, equity, and food security. However...
- Rapid literature review: Gender in Fragile and Conflict-affected Situations
- E. Browne; H. Haider; F. Oddsdottir; B. Rohwerder; A. L. Strachan / Governance and Social Development Resource Centre 2014
- This rapid review collates a large amount of literature published in 2013 and 2014 (up to April 2014) on the topic of gender in fragile and conflict-affected situations (FCAS). It is not a systematic or exhaustive review, but does pro...