Nicaragua and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- The social construction of youth violence in Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and El Salvador
- P. Peetz / German Institute of Global and Area Studies, 2008
- This paper analyses the social construction of youth violence in Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and El Salvador on the one hand, and the related security policies of the three states, on the other. This paper argues that in some c...
- A policy guide to ending girl child marriage
- International Center for Research on Women, USA, 2007
- Girls who marry as children (younger than 18 years of age) are often more susceptible to the health risks associated with early sexual initiation and childbearing, including HIV and obstetric fistula. Lacking status and power, these g...
- Children whose mothers migrate for seasonal work do better: surprising results from Nicaragua
- K. Macours; R. Vakis / Social Protection and Labour, World Bank, 2007
- Remittances from migrant workers have been shown to have a positive effect on childrens education, health and birth-weights; but what are the effects on child development when parents are away for long periods? This paper...
- How does the work of boys and girls differ in the Latin America and Caribbean region?
- L. Guarcello; B. Henschel; S. Lyon; F. Rosati; C. Valdivia / Understanding Children’s Work (UCW) Programme, 2006
- This study examines the child labour phenomenon in the Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) region from a gender perspective. It represents part of a broader effort to improve understanding of how child labour differs by sex, and to ensu...
- Assessing the quality of sexual and reproductive health care in Nicaragua
- L.E. Meuwissen; A.C. Gorter; A.D. Kester; J.A. Knottnerus / BMC Public Health, 2006
- This study, published in BMC Public Health, evaluates the impact and sustainability of a competitive voucher programme on the quality of sexual and reproductive health (SRH) care for poor and underserved female adolescents. Vouchers w...
- What is needed to break the link between HIV/AIDS and violence?
- L. Schechtman / Global AIDS Alliance, 2006
- This document describes a framework for a comprehensive response to violence against women and children, including the resources that would be needed, political and financial, for full implementation. It discusses the various arenas a...
- Improving hygiene as part of community child health programmes in Peru and Nicaragua
- M. Favin / Environmental Health Project, 2004
- This report, published by the USAIDs Environmental Health Project, examines projects in Peru and Nicaragua which gave counselling to families on better hygiene, as part of a child health strategy called Community Integrated Mana...
- Using pharmacies to provide reproductive health for young people
- C. Parker / YouthNet, Family Health International, 2005
- This briefing, produced by Family Health International, examines the role of pharmacies in providing reproductive health information and services to youth, especially contraceptives and referrals to services for sexually transmitted i...
- The chief characteristics of child and adolescent work in Nicaragua
- M. Silva / International Programme on the Elimination of Child Labour, 2004
- The purpose of this report is to provide Nicaragua with clear and precise information on the chief characteristics of child and adolescent work in the country, highlighting ideas and issues that may encourage debate, analysis and even...
- Analysis of the child and adolescent sexual exploitation situation in Central America and the Dominican Republic
- B. Sorensen ; M.C. Claramunt / International Programme on the Elimination of Child Labour, 2003
- This summary report presents data on commercial sexual exploitation of children and adolescents in Central America and Dominican Republic, specifically looking at Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala, Panama, and Do...