Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Holy war to opium war? Adapting to globalisation
- Jonathan Goodhand / id21 Development Research Reporting Service 2002
- Can internal forms of war also be seen as economics by other means? Can a study of an Afghan village community on the margins of the global economy improve our understanding of the political economy of warlordism which sustains protra...
- More than bums on seats: making schools responsive to children’s needs
- Marion Molteno; Kimberley Ogadhoh; Emma Cain; Bridget Crumpton / id21 Development Research Reporting Service 2002
- What factors structure educational disadvantage? How can international agencies work with governments, non-government organisations and communities to overcome them?
- Sick cities? Evaluating healthy city projects
- Trudy Harpham; Salma Burton; Ilona Blue / id21 Development Research Reporting Service 2002
- What makes a healthy city? How can urban health promotion projects involve women and the poor? Researchers from the UKs South Bank University report on an evaluation of Healthy City Projects (HCPs) in five countries.
- Throwing away the primer: the 'real literacies' approach to adult literacy
- Alan Rogers / id21 Development Research Reporting Service 2002
- What do we mean by 'illiterate'? Are we being misled by UNESCO rhetoric that literacy is the key to development? What happens when we herd into class individuals who may have nothing in common except for the fact they have been labell...