Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Shame, social exclusion and the effectiveness of anti-poverty programmes
- R. Walker / Department for International Development, UK 2012
- A two year qualitative investigation of the nature and consequences of shame associated with poverty was conducted in seven settings located in rural Uganda and India; urban China, Pakistan, Korea and United Kingdom; and small town an...
- Costs of non-cooperation in South Asia: an illustration and way forward
- R.U. Das / Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2016
- The South Asian economic integration has remained afflicted with a narrative that is more often than not a negative one. As a part of this, the arguments put forth include the assertion that the region lacks in trade complemen...
- Household food security in the face of climate change in the Hindu-Kush Himalayan region
- This study attempts to understand local peoples perceptions of climate change, its impacts on agriculture and household food security, and local adaptation strategies in the Hindu-Kush Himalayan (HKH) region, using data ...
- Climate change, vulnerability, food security and human health in rural Pakistan: a gender perspective
- M. Iqbal; M. Ahmad; G. Mustafa / Munich Personal RePEc Archive 2015
- Pakistan is among the most vulnerable countries in the South Asian region given still overwhelming dependence of its population on agriculture which in turn mainly depends on the Indus Basin River System. The intensity and frequency o...
- Climate change-induced loss and damage in Pakistan: an investigation of impacts on society and the economy
- H. Lotia; B. Saeed; A. Riaz / International Centre for Climate Change and Development 2016
- Flooding is the hazard Pakistan is at risk from the most . Increasing glacial melt from the Himalayan ranges as a result of rising global temperatures swells the rivers and tributaries of the Indus River Basin, inundating large parts ...
- Review of Agri-Food Value Chain Interventions Aimed at Enhancing Consumption of Nutritious Food by the Poor: Pakistan
- S. Zuberi; R. Mehmood; H. Gazdar / Leveraging Agriculture for Nutrition in South Asia 2016
- How can agriculture play a more effective role in improving nutrition in countries with a high burden of hidden hunger and where an increasing proportion of the poor sources its food from the market? There is a need to understand how ...
- Access, Services and Knowledge (ASK) Programme - essential packages manual
- Youth Empowerment Alliance 2014
- The Essential Packages Manual was produced as part of the "Access, Services and Knowledge" (ASK) programme of the Youth Empowerment Alliance, which seeks to improve the sexual and reproductive health rights (SRHR) of young people (15-...
- Can China's bold new plans make the difference in Pakistan
- S. Chan / Institute of Development Studies UK 2016
- Ever since the 1955 Bandung Conference of Afro-Asian states, China has been active in civil engineering projects around the world, especially in Africa, as a sign of its commitment to the world emerging from colonialism. ...
- From impunity to justice: exploring corporate and legal remedies for technology-related violence against women
- Association for Progressive Communications 2015
- This mini-website, launched in 2015, documents results of the "From impunity to justice" research undertaken by the Association for Progressive Communications (APC) in collaboration with seven country partners. The multi-countr...
- IPCS Forecast 2016: cardinal transitions, red herrings, shrinking spaces
- Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies, India 2016
- The Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies (IPCS) Forecast 2016 is a collection of writings on the near-term trajectories of a wide range of geographic and thematic issues covering Asia, the United States and Nuclear power and energy...