Pakistan and Agriculture and food
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS agriculture collection
Search for the latest agriculture-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Embedding gender and diversity in the Plantwise Programme: overview of findings
- Evidence on Demand, 2015
- It is widely assumed that women are not heavily engaged in agriculture, however data from around the world highlights the critical role that women play in agricultural production, especially in less-developed countries. In spite of th...
- Policy and Institutions in Adaptation to Climate Change: Case study on tree crop diversity in China, Nepal, and Pakistan
- Y. Su; J. Lu; S. Manandhar / International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development, (ICIMOD), Nepal, 2013
- From 2008 to 2010, ICIMOD, in partnership with partners in China, India, Nepal, and Pakistan, conducted a series of four case studies under the Sida-supported project Too Much and Too Little Water. The series looks at responses and fi...
- Towards a framework for achieving food security in the mountains of Pakistan
- G. Rasul; A. Hussain; M.A. Khan / International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development, (ICIMOD), Nepal, 2014
- This working paper outlines a mountain-specific framework for addressing food security in the mountains of Pakistan. It builds on efforts by ICIMOD together with the Pakistan Agricultural Research Council (PARC) and the National Agric...
- Women’s Agricultural Work and Nutrition in Pakistan: Findings from Qualitative Research
- M. Balagamwala; H. Gazdar; H. Bux Mallah / Leveraging Agriculture for Nutrition in South Asia, 2015
- Does women’s work in agriculture help or hinder nutrition in Pakistan? This question has assumed great significance due to the steady feminisation, over the last decade, of the agricultural labour force, and the absence of nutri...
- A trade-off between expected returns and risk among farmers of rice-wheat farming systems of Punjab, Pakistan
- S Zia / Sustainable Development Policy Institute, Pakistan, 1998
- It is generally argued that small farmers in developing countries are "poor but efficient" (Schultz, 1983). The arguement is that farmers allocate their resources efficiently in the given production environment and in the light of the...
- Sustainable cotton production, trade and environmental impact: policy issues and options for Pakistan
- S Zia; C Inayatullah; M Samee; T Hasnain / Sustainable Development Policy Institute, Pakistan, 1998
- Cotton is the most important agricultural product in Pakistan. It serves as both, a cash crop as well as cheap raw material for the industry. About one third of industrial labour is employed in various cotton-based industries. Moreove...
- Risk efficient resource allocation in agricultural systems of Pakistan: a farm level analysis
- S. M. Zia / Sustainable Development Policy Institute, Pakistan, 1998
- Agriculture in Pakistan is entering a new era of commercialization. In commercial agriculture, farm managers need to base their resource allocation decisions on a combination of information on production technology and its financial i...
- Land tenure: issues in housing reconstruction and income poverty case study of earthquake-affected areas in Hazara
- K Bengali / Sustainable Development Policy Institute, Pakistan, 2010
- There are many commendable successes with respect to relief, recovery, reconstruction and rehabilitation to assist the earthquake affected districts of North West Frontier Province3 and Azad Kashmir. The same, however, cannot be said ...
- Water harvesting in mountain areas of Pakistan: issues and options
- S.M. Zia; T. Hasnain / Sustainable Development Policy Institute, Pakistan, 2000
- Pakistan is situated in the arid and semiarid region of the world between 24°N and 37°N latitude and between 61°E and 77°E longitude. Average annual precipitation ranges from 2000mm in the north to 100mm in the south (...
- Gender and land reforms in Pakistan
- N. Brohi / Sustainable Development Policy Institute, Pakistan, 2010
- Women’s land ownership and control have important connections with their empowerment in Pakistan’s agricultural context. However, the link between these has largely remained unexplored; and there has been negligible resear...
- Asian Journal of Agriculture and Rural Development (AJARD)
- Open access journal focusing on agriculture and rural development