Pakistan and Agriculture and food
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS agriculture collection
Search for the latest agriculture-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Convergence on Nutrition in Agricultural Systems of Innovation: Concepts and Methods, with Examples from Pakistan
- M. Loevinsohn; R. Mehmood / Leveraging Agriculture for Nutrition in South Asia, 2014
- The paper first briefly sketches the origins of the system of innovation (SoI) concept and the need it was seen to fulfil in agriculture. It then illustrates the different ways it has been employed as a framework to explain how change...
- Invisible helpers - women's views on the contributions of working donkeys, horses and mules to their lives
- D. Valette 2014
- In 2011 there were an estimated 112 million working equine animals in the world, with 43 million donkeys, 11 million mules, and 58 million horses. The large majority of these animals live in developing countries and provide daily supp...
- Analysing the links and disconnects between agriculture and nutrition in Pakistan
- H Gazdar; M Balagamwala / Leveraging Agriculture for Nutrition in South Asia, 2013
- This paper analyses the pathways and disconnects between agriculture and nutrition in the context of Pakistan, using a framework developed by theTackling the Agriculture-Nutrition Disconnect in India (TANDI) research program...
- The Last Straw? The additional burden of climate change on food security in the Himalaya | GRID-Arendal - Publications - The last straw
- GRID Arendal, 2013
- The food price spikes of 2007–08 brought food security into sharp focus on the global agenda. Declines in international commodity markets, financial speculation in low cereal stocks, dramatic weather events, soaring oil prices, ...
- Squeezed: life in a time of food price volatility, year 1 results
- N. Hossain; R. King; A. Kelbert / Oxfam, 2013
- Half a decade after the price spike of 2007-2008, food price volatility has become the new norm: people have come to expect food prices to rapidly rise and fall, though nobody knows by how much or when. So what does the accumulation o...
- Role of Policy and Institutions in Local Adaptation to Climate Change Case studies on responses to too much and too little water in the Hindu Kush Himalayas
- N. S. Pradhan / International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development, ICIMOD, 2012
- The research question that the study addresses is: How do political processes hinder or promote the adoption of sustainable and equitable adaptation strategies to water-related stress and hazards in the context of climate change in In...
- Innovation in dairying and small scale farmers in Pakistan
- T. Ali / Regoverning Markets Programme, 2006
- This study examines the case of Pakistan’s Haleeb Foods Ltd. (HFL) a milk processing and marketing company that purchases its raw milk from small and medium scale producers. It aims to generate policy-relevant research and to id...
- The nature and extent of agricultural research and development in the Asia-Pacific
- N. M. Beintema; G-J. Stads / International Food Policy Research Institute, 2008
- Based on a survey of 11 countries (Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, the Philippines, Vietnam, Papua New Guinea) this report is a comprehensive account of agricultural research and development (...
- Can irrigation provide a route towards poverty alleviation?
- M. Lipton / Poverty Research Unit, Sussex, 2008
- Focusing on water resources and irrigation, this paper documents a talk by Michael Lipton exploring approaches to poverty alleviation in developing Asia. The talk discusses the findings of a recent paper ‘Pro-poor intervention s...
- Common misconceptions? The nature and impact of GM crops
- J.L. Villar; B. Freese; N. Stocks (ed) / Friends of the Earth International, 2008
- This paper provides a fact-based assessment of Genetically Modified (GM) crops around the world. Analysing documents from scientific technical bodies, industry, academia, governments, and civil society across a range of countries incl...
- Asian Journal of Agriculture and Rural Development (AJARD)
- Open access journal focusing on agriculture and rural development