Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Data mapping on ageing in Asia and the Pacific: analytical report
- B. Teerawichitchainan; J. Knodel / HelpAge International Asia, Pacific Regional Development Centre 2015
- Population ageing is an increasingly important demographic, social, and economic issue for researchers and policy makers throughout developing Asia prompting a need for data to monitor change and formulate evidence-based policies. The...
- Disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation in the Pacific: an institutional and policy analysis
- J. E. Hay / International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (ISDR) 2012
- Disaster risk reduction (DRR) and climate change adaptation (CCA) both share a common focus: reducing the vulnerability of communities and contributing to sustainable development. This study provides an analysis of the current level o...
- Improving the effectiveness of social spending in Pacific countries in light of the economic crisis
- S. Feeny / Oxfam Australia 2010
- Whilst at a macroeconomic level, the Global Economic Crisis (GEC) has had less impact on many Pacific countries than on most other developing countries, impacts from the GEC are ongoing and vary greatly across Pacific countr...
- Infrastructure is vital for pro-poor growth in East Asia
- Mark Baird; Rita Nangia; Yasuo Fujita / id21 Development Research Reporting Service 2007
- East Asian states have made impressive progress with economic growth and poverty reduction. However, some are struggling to meet demand for roads, water, communications, and power. Private investment in infrastructure is slow, especia...
- Policies to address food security in small island economies in the Caribbean and the Pacific
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations 2005
- This paper presented to a special FAO ministerial session in 2005 outlines policies for food security in Small Island Developing States (SIDS) based around three main criteria: food availability depends on domest...
- Initiatives promoting international standards on juvenile justice in East Asia and the Pacific
- J. Bergeron / United Nations Children's Fund 2004
- This document highlights a number of initiatives in the East Asia and Pacific Region that promote international standards on juvenile justice for children in conflict with the law, focusing in particular on initiatives which attempt t...
- A survey on the development and use of the Internet
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization 2002
- This survey covers Internet infrastructure issues as well as the use of Internet for e-Governance. Special attention is paid to barriers preventing access to the Internet as well as to national development plans for the use of the Int...