Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Fighting corruption by improving transparency and access to information
- Evidence and Lessons from Latin America, 2013
- Using Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs), in the last decades countries such as Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama and Paraguay have designed and created electronic platforms that make information about...
- Implementing Farmers’ Rights under the FAO International Treaty on PGRFA: The need for a Broad Approach based on Biocultural Heritage
- K Swiderska / International Institute for Environment and Development, 2011
- The FAO Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture (PGRFA) seeks to protect Farmers’ Rights through equitable benefit-sharing from the use of farmers’ crop varieties. It recognises the enormous contribution...
- Using the Maya Nut tree to increase tropical agroecosystem resilience to climate change in Central America and Mexico
- P. Buffle / Ecosystems and Livelihoods Adaptation Network, 2011
- Climate predictions for Central America point to an intensification of dry conditions as a consequence of increases in temperature, to severe water stresses, and resource deterioration, as a result of the combined impacts of climate c...
- Central America carbon finance guide
- Energy and Environment Partnership with Central America, 2007
- This guide represents the collective analysis of the seven Central American nations on their efforts at reducing carbon emmissions both locally and by acting as sinks. These nations have effectively partned with the government of Finl...
- Potential impacts of climate change on biodiversity in Central America, Mexico and the Dominican Republic
- E. R. Anderson 2008
- The overall objective of the current study is to assess the potential impacts of climate change on the biodiversity of Belize, Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, and Panama. The st...
- Protecting indigenous communities and traditional knowledge through the common principles of customary laws of reciprocity, duality and equilibrium
- K. Swiderska (ed); A. Argumedo (ed); R. Pant (ed) / International Institute for Environment and Development, 2009
- For indigenous peoples around the world, traditional knowledge (TK) based on natural resources forms the basis of their culture and identity, and yet it is under threat. Indigenous communities are increasingly vulnerable to eviction, ...
- The Millennium Development Goals: A Latin American and Caribbean Perspective
- H. Guzman; E. Espindola; R. Bajraj / United Nations [UN] Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean, 2005
- This paper looks at the differences across countries in Latin American and Caribbean region in terms of their chances of attaining the Goals and, wherever possible, the differences between trends in various segments of the population ...
- A project developers' carbon finance guide of the seven Central American nations based on their efforts to reduce carbon emissions through renewable energy projects
- J.M Blanco (ed); I.A Sánchez (ed); A. Lumijarvi (ed) 2007
- Central American states are aware of the implications of the climate change challenge and are attempting to combat it through the use of the abundant renewable resources of the region for energy generation and fossil fuels substitutio...
- Violence against women human rights defenders in Mesoamerica: Regional baseline report executive summary
- M Lopez Cruz (ed) / Just Associates, 2010
- What is the situation of women human rights defenders (WHRDs) in Mesoamerica? A diverse group of WHRDs convened the Mesoamerican Meeting of Women Human Rights Defenders in Oaxaca, Mexico (April 2010) to redress the lack of current inf...
- Promoting Latin American agro-economics
- A. Rodríguez; M. Rodrigues; S. Salcedo / Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture, 2010
- After the revival from the economic crisis of 2008-2009, the fundamental challenge facing Latin America and the Caribbean is how to consolidate the recovery with medium- and long-term economic development. In this respect, this report...
- Water Center for the Humid Tropics of Latin America and The Caribbean
- The Water Center for the Humid Tropics of Latin America and the Caribbean (in Spanish ¨CATHALAC¨- Centro del Agua del Trópico Húmedo para America Latina y el Caribe) is an autonomous international organization dedicated to promote sustainable development through applied research and development, education, and technology transfer in the areas of integrated watershed managemen...
- Estrellamar Financial Group
- Financial services organisation, based in Panama, providing urban microcredit. WWW site in English and Spanish giving credit request information