Panama and Governance
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS governance collection
Search for the latest governance-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Fighting corruption by improving transparency and access to information
- Evidence and Lessons from Latin America, 2013
- Using Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs), in the last decades countries such as Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama and Paraguay have designed and created electronic platforms that make information about...
- The Millennium Development Goals: A Latin American and Caribbean Perspective
- H. Guzman; E. Espindola; R. Bajraj / United Nations [UN] Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean, 2005
- This paper looks at the differences across countries in Latin American and Caribbean region in terms of their chances of attaining the Goals and, wherever possible, the differences between trends in various segments of the population ...
- Strong links between freedom of the press and economic growth in Latin America
- H. Alberro / Centro para la Apertura y el Desarollo de América Latina / Centre for the Opening and Development of, 2008
- This report seeks to disentangle and analyse the relationship between indicators of press freedom, economic liberty and economic development in Latin America. It considers press freedom and economic development in a historical perspec...
- Are countries meeting their commitments to preserve, protect and restore forest biodiversity?
- M. Lovera; S. Gauntlett, (ed); A. Laletin, (ed) / Convention on Biological Diversity, 2008
- This paper assesses what progress different countries have made over recent years on preserving, protecting and restoring forest biological diversity. Specifically, the report presents the findings of research undertaken in 22 countri...
- What can be done about corruption in the judicial sector?
- Transparency International, 2007
- This year’s report concentrates on judicial systems and warns that corruption is undermining judicial systems around the world, denying citizens access to justice and the basic human right to a fair and impartial trial. ...
- Time to articulate the right to water?
- P.B. Anand / id21 Development Research Reporting Service, 2007
- Target ten of Millennium Development Goals (MDG) seeks to halve the proportion of people without sustainable and safe access to water. Although attempts have been made to link the MDGs and human rights, promoting a right to water achi...
- Assessing the level of transparency for public contracting in Latin America
- Transparency International, 2006
- This paper assesses the level of transparency for public contracting in 9 Latin American countries. Countries reviewed include: Venezuela, Panama, Guatemala. Panama, Chile, Paraguay, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, and Ecuador. The paper see...
- Identifying better rural development strategies in Honduras and Nicaragua
- Overseas Development Institute, 2003
- In the light of the reduction in aid for rural development (RD) during the 1990s, and only very slow improvement of conditions in rural areas, this paper asks, what can be done to identify better RD strategies? This paper explores the...