Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Climate change and migration: a CGE analysis for two large urban regions of Latin America
- Banco Interamericano de Desarrollo / Inter-American Development Bank (IADB) 2016
- Migration is one of the strategies used by populations to adapt to natural shocks and also to respond to economic policies. Climate change will probably have an impact on the productivity of factors and on the health of the population...
- Smallholders at risk: monoculture expansion, land, food and livelihoods in Latin America
- A. Guereña; S. Burgos / Oxfam 2014
- Greater investment in agriculture is needed to reduce rural poverty and improve food security; but how investment is made, its context and conditions, is at least as important as how much is invested. Case studies of large-scal...
- Land accumulation dynamics in developing country agriculture
- Banco Interamericano de Desarrollo / Inter-American Development Bank (IADB) 2014
- Understanding land accumulation dynamics is relevant for policymakers interested in the economic effects of land inequality in developing country agriculture. This Working Paper explores and simultaneously tests the leading theories o...
- Incentives for electricity generation in a green economy: effective frameworks from Latin America
- J. Russell / Evidence and Lessons from Latin America 2014
- Latin American countries are implementing innovative policy and market mechanisms to catalyse the development of nonconventional renewable energy sources. This Brief presents some of the region’s success stories. In 2...
- Labour market information programmes
- M. Jaramillo / Evidence and Lessons from Latin America 2013
- How can Labour Market Information Programmes improve the coverage, quality and efficiency of labour markets? Within the liberal economic model that spread across Latin America during the 1990s, free and open markets were co...
- REDD+, Indigenous peoples, The role of the state, NGOs and other actors, Monitoring, Implementation and tenure rights
- T. Okamoto; C. Hirsch; M. Aguilar-Støen / Centre for Development and the Environment, University of Oslo, Norway 2012
- This brief summarises relevant findings regarding the emergence of the Reduced Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation (REDD+) scheme in Africa, Asia and Latin America. It draws evidence from several Masters...
- Challenges for a climate compatible development: how to strengthen agricultural, livestock and forestry public policies
- Latin American Platform on Climate 2012
- This policy brief emerges from a process of analysis of the status and quality of the public policies on climate change and development in ten Latin American countries: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Peru, Bolivia, Ecuador, Uruguay, Colomb...
- Fighting corruption by improving transparency and access to information
- Evidence and Lessons from Latin America 2013
- Using Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs), in the last decades countries such as Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama and Paraguay have designed and created electronic platforms that make information about...
- The Millennium Development Goals: A Latin American and Caribbean Perspective
- H. Guzman; E. Espindola; R. Bajraj / United Nations [UN] Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean 2005
- This paper looks at the differences across countries in Latin American and Caribbean region in terms of their chances of attaining the Goals and, wherever possible, the differences between trends in various segments of the population ...
- Promoting Latin American agro-economics
- A. Rodriguez; M. Rodrigues; S. Salcedo / Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture 2010
- After the revival from the economic crisis of 2008-2009, the fundamental challenge facing Latin America and the Caribbean is how to consolidate the recovery with medium- and long-term economic development. In this respect, this report...