Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Patterns and drivers of internal migration among youth in Ethiopia, India, Peru and Vietnam
- M.F. Gavonel / Young Lives 2017
- There is general consensus in literature on migration that migrants are primarily young people. During the transition to adulthood, young people make important choices regarding education, labour force participation, and famil...
- Indigenous participation in resource development: a paradigm shift
- S. Molodecky / Latin American Center for Rural Development 2016
- Indigenous Peoples as a demographic are amongst the poorest and most marginalized on the planet. Many have been displaced and exist in territories where extreme conditions make sustainable economic development challenging, wit...
- Corporate social responsibility and political settlements in the mining sector in Ghana, Zambia and Peru
- T. Frederiksen / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2017
- This paper explores and compares the political effects of corporate social responsibility (CSR) in the mining sector in Zambia, Ghana and Peru. The paper adopts a political settlements approach to answer the question: How do t...
- Understanding children’s experiences of violence in Peru: evidence from Young Lives
- G. Guerrero; V. Rojas / Young Lives 2016
- In Peru, violence is considered a major public health concern. In the last 20 years, there have beens ignificant efforts to prevent, punish and eradicate violence, particularly in the case of violence against women. Neverthele...
- Understanding teenage fertility, cohabitation, and marriage: the case of Peru
- M. Favara; P. Lavado; A. Sánchez / Grupo de Analisis para el Desarrollo, Peru 2016
- In this study, the authors used data from the Young Lives study, which investigates teenage childbearing, marriage, and cohabitation by tracking a cohort of individuals from the ages of 8 to 19 years. While the present analysi...
- Gender approaches in climate compatible development: lessons from Kenya
- E. Nyukuri / Climate and Development Knowledge Network 2016
- Gender is an important driver of vulnerability to climate risks, and a key factor to consider in developing effective policy responses to climate change and development challenges. In recent years, there have been a number of ...
- How do gender approaches improve climate compatible development? Lessons from Peru
- Climate and Development Knowledge Network 2016
- This brief is based on a research project carried out by Practical Action Consulting with support from the Institute of Development Studies, commissioned by and supported by the Climate and Development Knowledge Network (CDKN), to pro...
- Education aspirations among young people in Peru and their perceptions of barriers to higher education
- Young Lives 2016
- Results from the Young Lives survey show the existence of a gap between young peoples aspirations for higher education and their actual chances of accessing this level of education. This paper uses qualitative information from Y...
- Progressive universalism? The impact of targeted coverage on healthcare access and expenditures in Peru
- S. Neelsen; O. O'Donnell / Tinbergen Institute 2016
- Like other countries seeking a progressive path to universalism, Peru has attempted to reduce inequalities in access to healthcare by granting the poor entitlement to tax-financed basic care without charge. The authors identify the im...
- Human rights and resource conflicts in the Amazon
- Rainforest Foundation Norway 2015
- The Amazon comprises the largest tract of tropical rainforest in the world. Numerous indigenous peoples have traditionally inhabited this region, and 25 percent of its total land area is formally recognised as indigenous territories. ...