Peru and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Achievement gap between indigenous and non-indigenous children in Peru: an analysis of Young Lives survey data
- I. Arteaga; P. Glewwe / Young Lives, 2014
- In Peru, indigenous children obtain lower scores on academic tests, on average, than non-indigenous children. In this study, we investigate whether a test score achievement gap is found by the age of 5 and whether this gap increases b...
- Peru’s ProJoven Training Programme
- M. Jaramillo / Evidence and Lessons from Latin America, 2013
- Peru’s ProJoven programme has successfully supported younger and more economically disadvantaged generations to gain the necessary qualifications to secure better quality jobs. Peru’s ProJoven is an archetypical...
- Understanding childhood poverty as a multidimensional concept
- P. Dornan; J. Boyden 2011
- This paper discusses the methodology of Young Lives - a 15-year study of childhood poverty in Ethiopia, India, Vietnam and Peru, following the lives of 3,000 children in each country. The Young Lives programme is interested in c...
- Decisive strategies towards fair schooling are required in Ethiopia, India, Peru and Vietnam
- H. Murray / Young Lives, 2012
- Millions of poor children and families are investing scarce resources in going to school, in the hope that it will lead to a better life. This paper looks at children’s unequal trajectories from early childhood through to the ti...
- Is School Education Breaking the Cycle of Poverty for Children: Factors Shaping Education Inequalities in Ethiopia, India, Peru and Vietnam
- H. Murray / Young Lives, 2012
- School education is held up as an escape route from poverty. Millions of poor children and families are buying into this promise and often investing scarce resources in going to school, in the hope that it will lead to a b...
- Change and Opportunity: The Transition from Primary to Secondary School in Rural and Urban Peru
- P. Ames / Young Lives, 2010
- This paper reports the expectations, concerns and experiences of Peruvian children (aged 11-13 years) from four contrasting districts during their transition from primary to secondary school. Qualitative methods were used to elicit th...
- Promoting Early Childhood Development through a Public Programme: Wawa Wasi in Peru
- S. Cueto / Young Lives, 2009
- In 1993, the Peruvian government created the Wawa Wasi National Programme to promote the optimal development of children aged six to 48 months in impoverished areas.1 It is the largest programme of its kind in Peru but only a few stud...
- Maternal Migration and Child Well-Being in Peru
- J. Escobal / Young Lives, 2009
- Migration affects not only those who migrate, but may also have intergenerational effects on their children. Looking at those mothers with a history of internal migration who are part of the Young Lives project, and comparing them wit...
- Early Nutrition and Cognitive Achievement in Pre-school Children in Peru
- A. Sanchez / Young Lives, 2009
- The aim of this paper is to examine the link between early stunting and later cognitive achievement. It differs from nutrition–learning studies in other developing countries in that it focuses on pre-school children, and therefo...
- Social Protection and Children: A Synthesis of Evidence from Young Lives Longitudinal Research in Ethiopia, India and Peru
- C. Porter / Young Lives, 2010
- This paper sets out the key findings from Young Lives research into the ways that major social protection (SP) policies are impacting on children, their families and communities in Ethiopia, India and Peru. Most research and policy de...
- Accion por los Niños, Lima, Peru (APN)
- Accion por los Ninos is a Peruvian organisation which promotes a nationwide programme on children's rights. It aims at linking social society with public administration, intending to develop inputs to more realistic public policies from extensive practical experience. The organisation is also engaged in the research of children's rights issues with the purpose of generating regional debate and dev...