Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Local actions: solutions to global challenges - initiatives of indigenous peoples in climate change adaptation and Disaster Risk Reduction based on traditional knowledge
- Asia Indigenous Peoples Pact 2016
- While governments around the world continue to debate about policies and practices to address climate change solutions, they pay little attention to the situation of indigenous peoples who are among those most affected by clim...
- Asia report on climate change and indigenous people
- J. Carling; J. Carino; L.N. Sherpa / Asia Indigenous Peoples Pact 2016
- The impacts of climate change are severe for at least 260 million indigenous peoples in Asia. The effects of warming temperature, extreme weather events, unpredictable seasons and sea level rise include loss of lives and prope...
- Climate extremes and resilient poverty reduction
- E. Wilkinson; K. Peters / Overseas Development Institute 2015
- Building resilience to climate extremes and disasters will help ensure the success of global efforts to eliminate extreme poverty. Reaching and sustaining zero extreme poverty, the first of the SDGs, requires a collective effo...
- Southeast Asia and the economics of global climate stabilization
- Asian Development Bank 2016
- Southeast Asia is one of the most vulnerable regions of the world to climate change. In the absence of climate action, the region will be increasingly exposed to hotter temperatures, more destructive storms, greater flooding i...
- From impunity to justice: exploring corporate and legal remedies for technology-related violence against women
- Association for Progressive Communications 2015
- This mini-website, launched in 2015, documents results of the "From impunity to justice" research undertaken by the Association for Progressive Communications (APC) in collaboration with seven country partners. The multi-countr...
- Conflict analysis of Muslim Mindanao
- A.L. Strachan / Governance and Social Development Resource Centre 2015
- The Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao (ARMM), situated within the Philippines and initially founded in 1989, consists of five provinces – Maguindanao, Lanao del Sur, Basilan, Sulu and Tawi-Tawi. Conflict between Moro groups s...
- Universal social pension: feasibility in the Philippines
- HelpAge International 2016
- Levels of poverty, vulnerability and inequality remain high in the Philippines despite positive economic growth in recent years. Social protection is a critical tool for ensuring that growth is in-clusive, yet existing policies in the...
- The Philippine social pension at four years: insights and recommendations
- HelpAge International 2016
- Despite relatively sustained economic growth in recent years, levels of poverty and inequality in the Philippines have remained stagnant. This brings into focus the role of the social protection system to provide stronger protection a...
- The measurement of disaster risk : An example from tropical cyclones in the Philippines
- R/ Yonson / Victoria University of Wellington 2016
- What shapes people’s disaster risk exposure? Using a sub-national (provincial) panel econometric and deductive approach the researchers answer this question by focussing on tropical cyclones, and using the Philippines as a case ...
- Hatchery-bred milkfish fry: a must for fisheries development
- D.C. Israel / Philippine Institute for Development Studies 2000
- Milkfish is the national fish of the Philippines not only because it is a favorite viand of the population. The milkfish industry has also been contributing about 10 percent, on average, to total fisheries production for the past two ...