Philippines and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Economic policy monitor 2011: education for development
- Philippine Institute for Development Studies, 2012
- This issue of the PIDS Economic Policy Monitor (EPM) focuses on education in the Philippines. Recognising the critical role of education in development, it takes a special look at the sector’s achievements, direction, priorities...
- A glimpse at the school dropout problem
- A.C. Orbeta Jr., / Philippine Institute for Development Studies, 2010
- Dropouts may appear small in number but they are preponderant among the poor which thereupon turns the wheels of intergenerational transmission of poverty against them. At the personal level, dropping out of school will mean consignin...
- Children’s action for disaster risk reduction: views from children in Asia
- International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (ISDR), 2012
- This report indicates that Asian children and youth have been involved in hazard mapping, raising awareness through radio and games, as well as influencing other children, their teachers, parents and communities on how to reduce the e...
- Children’s vulnerability to climate change and disaster impacts in East Asia and the Pacific
- J. Lawler / United Nations Children's Fund, 2011
- In 2011, UNICEF commissioned field research in Indonesia, Kiribati, Mongolia, Philippines and Vanuatu to determine if there were noticeable patterns and trends of climate change and disaster impacts on children. This regional report s...
- Consequences of maternal and child undernutrition on adult health and human capital
- C. G. Victora / The Lancet, 2008
- This paper reviews the associations between maternal and child undernutrition with human capital and risk of adult diseases in low-income and middle-income countries. Data is analysed from five long-standing prospective cohort s...
- Children as risk communicators and agents of change in DRR programmes: El Salvador and the Philippines
- T. Tanner; T. Mitchell; K. Haynes / Children in a Changing Climate, 2009
- This paper explores children’s voices in disaster risk reduction (DRR) policy spaces and their capacity to communicate disaster risk to their parents and larger community. It challenges the traditional development approaches whi...
- Handbook on child participation in Disaster Risk Reduction
- Asian Disaster Preparedness Center, 2007
- This Handbook is a review on existing literature and case studies in India and Philippines which have a specific focus on integrating children in to Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) policies and programmes. It is part of a course organis...
- Child injury in Asia
- UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre, 2007
- This special Innocenti series on Child Injury, developed jointly by UNICEF and TASC, presents recently acquired evidence from surveys in five Asian countries: Bangladesh, China, Philippines, Thailand and Viet Nam. The surveys are larg...
- Taking children into account - how to undertake participatory risk assessments
- M.D. Luneta / ProVention Consortium, 2007
- In most disaster events, children’s perspective, needs and capacities are most often neglected or taken for granted. Even though children are generally the most vulnerable population in most disaster situations, they are not usu...
- Children in armed conflict: current trends and concerns
- Reliefweb, 2007
- This document is the annual report from the Secretary-General. It details progress in the implementation of SC Resolution 1612 – ending the recruitment and use of children in armed conflict and its monitoring and reporting mecha...
- University of Asia and the Pacific [formerly the Center for Research and Communications / CRC] (UA&P)
- Teaching and research university