Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Mobilizing private finance: Unlocking the potential of Rwanda's businesses to drive climate change adaptation
- A. Dzebo; P. Pauw / Stockholm Environment Institute 2016
- There is a strong expectation that the private sector will provide a large share of the US$100 billion per year in climate finance that world leaders have pledged to mobilize by 2020 under the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change...
- War and peace in the Great Lakes Region
- Centre for Conflict Resolution, University of Cape Town (UCT) 2016
- The Centre for Conflict Resolution (CCR), Cape Town, South Africa, hosted a two-day policy research seminar in Cape Town, from 19 to 20 March 2016, on the theme War and Peace in the Great Lakes Region. The meeting ...
- Paying primary health care centers for performance in Rwanda
- Paulin Basinga; P.J. Gertler / World Bank Publications 2010
- Paying for performance (P4P) provides financial incentives for providers to increase the use and quality of care. P4P can affect health care by providing incentives for providers to put more effort into specific activities, and by inc...
- Using provider performance incentives to increase HIV testing and counseling services in Rwanda
- Damien de Walque / World Bank Publications 2013
- Paying for performance provides financial rewards to medical care providers for improvements in performance measured by specific utilisation and quality of care indicators. In 2006, Rwanda began a paying for performance scheme to impr...
- Becoming a climate-resilient green economy: planning for climate compatible development in Ethiopia
- R. Redda; R. Roland / Climate and Development Knowledge Network 2016
- Ethiopia has emerged as one of Africas champions in responding to the implications of climate change. This is demonstrated by the strong commitment shown by the countrys political leadership on the issues. Much of ...
- Climate resilient development: experience from an African capacity development programme
- The African Ministers' Council on Water 2016
- This learning brief presents insights and lessons learned from a capacity development programme on water security and climate resilient development covering eight countries in Africa Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Ghana, Moza...
- The political settlement and ‘deals environment’ in Rwanda: Unpacking two decades of economic growth
- P. Behuria; T. Goodfellow / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2016
- In the two decades since 1994, the Rwanda Patriotic Front (RPF) government has achieved growth rates of over 6 percent every year (with the exception of 2003 and 2013). This has led to praise from diverse groups, ranging from ...
- When refugees cannot return home: A conflict conundrum in Africa’s Great Lakes region
- K.F. Tunda / African Centre for Constructive Resolution of Disputes 2016
- The large number of refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) in the Great Lakes region poses immense challenges to peacebuilding processes within the countries affected, as well as in that entire conflict system. An influx of ...
- Higher education for development in Rwanda
- R. Schendel; J. Mazimhaka; C. Ezeanya 2013
- This article uses the Rwandan experience to offer valuable insights into the enormous potential—and the significant challenges—that countries intending to build higher education capacity to stimulate econom...
- Journeys of Transformation: A Training Manual for Engaging Men as Allies in Women’s Economic Empowerment
- P Pawlak; H Slegh; G Barker 2012
- This manual provides group education sessions for engaging men as allies in women’s economic empowerment. The manual is based on the findings, from CARE’s experiences in Rwanda and elsewhere, that women’s economic em...